Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 06:22 PM

578 posts, read 2,529,725 times

Advertisements

Some years ago I viewed a blk/white movie about some 'academic/philosophic vampires'...Quiet, b-movie with only one or two words in the title, something like "THE _____" or the addiction, the hunger, anyways I googled all over, cannot see it listed in his Bio of movies.
Christopher Walken was the head vampire, he was forlorned & sad about being what he was; plot was (seems like) throwing parties with beatnik-students, academic Professors, were the vampires and at the end of the night would end up in orgy of turning these unsuspecting people into the Undead. I rented it years ago at Blockbuster maybe circa.1980s

ANYBODY RECALL SOMETHING LIKE THIS? its been driving me nutz trying to remember this movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Some years ago I viewed a blk/white movie about some 'academic/philosophic vampires'...Quiet, b-movie with only one or two words in the title, something like "THE _____" or the addiction, the hunger, anyways I googled all over, cannot see it listed in his Bio of movies.
Christopher Walken was the head vampire, he was forlorned & sad about being what he was; plot was (seems like) throwing parties with beatnik-students, academic Professors, were the vampires and at the end of the night would end up in orgy of turning these unsuspecting people into the Undead. I rented it years ago at Blockbuster maybe circa.1980s

ANYBODY RECALL SOMETHING LIKE THIS? its been driving me nutz trying to remember this movie.

I think it may be The Addiction. It was filmed in 1995 in black and white.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:24 PM

Was it called "The Sentinel" from 1977...spooky, NY based movie about model who moves into a brownstone? cant remember..>HELP.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:24 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
It's gotta be "The Addiction" - The Addiction (1995)

I did a Power Search on imdb (The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)), for cast: "Christopher Walken", plot-word: "vampire", and Black & White... this is the only movie that came up, so it has to be it!

Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
"The Hunger" was with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve (vampire movie)

I too am Imdb addict-lol.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:50 AM

426 posts, read 1,282,898 times
Default Chris Walken

Is it the Eternal?

Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's gotta be "The Addiction" - The Addiction (1995)

I did a Power Search on imdb (The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)), for cast: "Christopher Walken", plot-word: "vampire", and Black & White... this is the only movie that came up, so it has to be it!
Gizmo: I LOVE that movie base webpage. I used my OTHER stand-by called ROTTEN TOMATOES: Movies and Games, Reviews and Previews I'm surprised it didn't show that title under his name or Bio. I looked for it on NetFlix but they dont have it. I was just in the mood to view something creepy like that, for this weekend's DVD theme at our house; Creep-B Movies. That one always stuck with me coz it wasn't so violent, loud or whatever; approached from the quiet point of view of "wonder what it would be like to outlive your friends & eat your neighbors"...THANKS EVERYONE.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
"The Hunger" was with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve (vampire movie)

I too am Imdb addict-lol.
If you like Imdb, then by all means; try the Rottentomatoes.com site, i like the left side of screen menu that you can quickly see whats out on DVD, whats released at the movie theaters, what new games, and they do a Synopsis. The Tomato Meter is the best. Showing the reviews and thoughts of viewers, average audience that buy tickets...NOT the media reviewers, who dont know a good movie unless they are paid by the studio to give it raves and kudos. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies