Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,241,671 times

Advertisements

Post your reviews here.

I like bruce willis, he's hardcore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 11:36 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,282,435 times
I'm really p-ssed off that it's not rated R. WTF?! Who the heck is this movie catered towards? All the 80s kids that are way past 18 years of age. It's so BS that they want more revenue so they changed it to PG-13 to get all the teeny-boppers' money. No offense to teeny-boppers but Die Hard is MY GENERATION DANG IT! I almost don't want to go see it but Hubby is begging me to go. All I gotta say is, John McClane better be sayin', "Yippy-kai-yay-mother-f*cker" 'cuz you can't have a Die Hard movie without that line!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:21 PM

22,994 posts, read 28,462,077 times
I loved the first DH flick. Really liked #3. I've never been able to sit through all of the second one.

I'd like to see #4, but I'll probably wait for the DVD.

Keep in mind that a PG-13 movie today is what an R-rated flick was when the first DH came out. You'll still get lots of profanity and violence, but probably no nudity.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,282,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Keep in mind that a PG-13 movie today is what an R-rated flick was when the first DH came out. You'll still get lots of profanity and violence, but probably no nudity.
You've got a point there that's for sure. It's not like I'm all for foul language and such but some movies just need to be rated R, IMO!

Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 AM

231 posts, read 848,397 times
Just saw it and LOVED it.

It is absolute wonderful escapism at it's best.

My son in law and I were just discussing the change in movies over the last 20 yrs. I think this generation of teens has been exposed to more than any previous generation and at a much younger age. I can remember distinctly refusing to let my 9 yr old stepson watch the Simpsons when it first came out because I was so upset by the behaviors I was seeing on the screen. Nowadays, they are flooded with so much violence in games, songs etc, that they are more "hardened" than we were at their age and cannot be judged as we would have judged ourselves.

Yes there is language and violence, but I assure you that your teens have heard or said worse themselves. Is it just a sign of our times, I don't know. I do know your teens will LOVE this movie.

Yippe Ki Yay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies