Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,037,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Seems he was a bad boy

Here is the whole video > http://www.youtube.com/v/G7PC9cZEWCQ

Still no excuse for the gun though!
*erf* Got kinda dizzy, watching that

I'm guessing the cop had a siren on his car; maybe lights as well; that stopped the squid? However, he bolts out, plainclothes and merely announces that he's state police? Uhhh ... that was stupid. No flashing a badge or anything could easily set off a paranoid person, or a different kind of rider -- like a woman. If I had that happen, first thing I'd think is "BIKEJACK!" and zoom off.

About 25 years back, the sister of one of my classmates stopped for what she believed was an unmarked car. She was subsequently pulled from her vehicle, taken off to a corn field, gang raped and murdered. That haunts me to this day and would certainly influence my behavior at being pulled over by a guy hollering and waving a gun without showing a badge. F*cker might easily find himself trying to rub the tire tracks off his rib cage ('scuse my language; I'm a bit incensed over this)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,868,715 times
Exactly!!!

Whatever the guy did doesnt warrant coming out PLAIN CLOTHES and waving a gun around! (I suppose if it was something major then it might be called for)

Old 04-28-2010, 04:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
Silverwing, We have that copy cat cop thing here from time to time... In the papers and on the radio the cops make announcements that if in doubt drive to the first local cop shop.

This sort of thing scares me, since i carry, and if i see a guy in plain clothes with a gun, I am going to do my best to shoot him first. Just brandishing is all it will take for me.

Same thing goes for a cop in a black ski mask. I can't tell he ain't a common crook who also wear black ski masks..

When I see a gun, mine will be out if i live so long. After all that's why I carry.

These copy cats make their cars look like cop cars, and wear uniforms sometimes, which really makes for a problem.

I think that basicly if you are a plain clothes cop you shouldn't be pulling traffic duty period... Just makes it dangerous for everyone.

A "sam' could come along and take it as literal highway robbery and shoot the cop, if he can't tell the cop is a cop. This is just a real bad move.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,926,608 times
More aggrivating factors are that the cop made an erratic stop, burst out of a car with ILLEGALLY tinted windows brandishing a gun, no sign of an identifying badge, no lights, no sirens, etc. Heck, the cop wasn't even in a vehicle that I would consider as an unmarked unit! Maybe if it was a Crown Vic, Charger, or Yukon, I'd expect a cop to be driving.

I would think bike-jack too!

If I were Mr. Graber, I would find good counsel that is willing to go after the state BIG TIME for this gross injustice!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:26 PM

8,332 posts, read 13,472,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
This old win 98 system won't do vidio....

But if a cop in plain clothes pulled that on me, someone or both of us would need a body bag... I see a guy exit a car with a gun and my gun comes out to play too. Just the way it is anymore in the USA.
No kidding! I don't own a gun but I can be trouble with my knife if needed.
I don't ever do wheelies and I am not defending the rider either but any guy that comes out of an unmarked vehicle with a gun yet no ID/badge is asking for trouble...it is definitely uncalled even for a uniform officer to pull out his weapon like that imho. A rookie move at the very least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles