Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2024, 03:10 PM

786 posts, read 516,324 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of selling my Honda CB1100. Since I got the Yamaha, I'm not riding the Honda much, and as summer gets here I'm starting to crave a sailboat again. I've spoken with a neighbor who has a small boat, a 16 footer, and I've sailed on it with him a couple of times. I hit him up with "How would you like to partner on a boat with me?" We'll get one something in the range of 18-22 ft. something with a bit of interior room and a bigger cockpit, easier to handle. We could store it in a "mast up" yard right on the lake so we wouldn't 'have to put the mast up and take it down every time we wanted to sail. He's very interested, and we're going to start looking at boats. There are a lot lakes in TX, so the supply is good. We'd be able to take it down to the gulf, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 05:56 PM

10,380 posts, read 6,934,361 times
Stick with a 16'-18' Hobie Cat or Prindle. Trailerable with a Camry.

Since you're a seasonal enthusiast, you'll want to keep costs/headaches to a minimum.

Tell me about the CB1100....

Old 05-03-2024, 05:58 PM

8,351 posts, read 13,499,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
He can't because he is going to donate it to me (tax write-off)!

Old 05-08-2024, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Stick with a 16'-18' Hobie Cat or Prindle. Trailerable with a Camry.

Since you're a seasonal enthusiast, you'll want to keep costs/headaches to a minimum.

Don't want a catamaran. My boat partner and I both want an interior to spend weekends aboard, since we plan to trailer it down to the Gulf for rallies and racing.

The Honda CB1100 is without a doubt one of the most versatile, satisfying, most fun on two wheels machine on the entire market. It has plenty of power, dual disk brakes in the front, handles well, is lightweight, easy to maintain, almost never needs anything more than normal maintenance. I've had mine since February, 2019, ride it regularly, and have never had to take it to a shop except for tires. My wife was making noises about wanting to ride with me The CB is not really a good 2-up machine so I looked around for a cruiser, thinking Harley Road King. I had a friend who owned a moto repair shop. He told me to get a Yamaha V-Star 1300. I found one not far from my house, low miles, great shape, for a price I could live with, and bought it. Love it! If I didn't want another boat, I'd keep the CB 'cause I like it. Before I moved to Texas for family, I had a bike and a 40ft sailboat in SoCal, but those halcyon days ended through no fault of anyone.
Before we moved, I had two bikes, the Honda and a Suzuki V-Strom 1000. My moving plan was to rent a trailer in SoCal, tow both bikes to Texas, and drop the trailer in TX. Turns out, that was way too expensive, and I didn't want the hassle of selling the Suzi, so I donated it to charity. I put the Honda in the POD, and sent it off.
I'm keeping both bikes thru the summer. I have an old Army buddy I'm still in contact with. When I got out of the army, I was in Virginia, and drove my car back across country, stopping at various places,one of them this guy's family home in Michigan. I stayed there for a month. Everyone in that family rode, and his Dad had a Road King and a Triumph Bonneville. My bud had a new Bonny. We rode all over the place, and with his family, took a ride around Lake Superior that took nine days. Then he and I left for Texas to see another bud. He rode his Bonny and I drove my car to Ft. Hood, TX, where his sister's hubby was in the army. I parked my car, and we rode 2-up, me driving, from Ft. Hood to Corpus Christie, found our bud, partied with he and his buds for five days, then rode back, me driving, to Ft. Hood. Several years ago, my bud came to visit me in SoCal, where we sailed to Catalina Island and to Ensenada, Mexico and back. After he leaves, I'll keep the Yamaha and sell the Honda, maybe to my bud, and he could just ride it home to Michigan.

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

8,351 posts, read 13,499,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
After he leaves, I'll keep the Yamaha and sell the Honda, maybe to my bud, and he could just ride it home to Michigan.
That is a sweet ride so you should sell it only to someone who'd appreciate it just as much!
Hopefully, your friend will get it. If I had the funds, you know I would!

It has gotten really warm here already but not the really nasty Summer heat yet. If I can make it there in the Fall, I will.

I got the Stelvio running but merely by circumventing the start issue. I am using a temporary switch to fire up the Starter solenoid since the signal never gets from the Start button to the Starter relay. Somewhere between the switch and the ECU or from ECU to the relay there might be a short. For now I want to ride it as much as I can (probably another week or two before it's too hot ride even in the evening).

During the Summer I should have plenty of time to properly fix the main issue so I can ride it down there in the fall.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
That is a sweet ride so you should sell it only to someone who'd appreciate it just as much!
Hopefully, your friend will get it. If I had the funds, you know I would!

It has gotten really warm here already but not the really nasty Summer heat yet. If I can make it there in the Fall, I will.

I got the Stelvio running but merely by circumventing the start issue. I am using a temporary switch to fire up the Starter solenoid since the signal never gets from the Start button to the Starter relay. Somewhere between the switch and the ECU or from ECU to the relay there might be a short. For now I want to ride it as much as I can (probably another week or two before it's too hot ride even in the evening).

During the Summer I should have plenty of time to properly fix the main issue so I can ride it down there in the fall.

Sounds great, looking forward to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles