Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 12:14 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times

Advertisements

More than a decade ago, my mentor and an expert mechanic had the brilliant idea of hosting rides right from the shop he leased to promote both sides of the business (mc maintenance/repair classes + DIY repair shop)
The idea was very good but couldn't really utilize social media to generate enough interest.

Some years later, I started to notice mc dealership and repair shops started doing just that. They typically provide discount to those attending rides or free coffee, etc.

Perhaps, you could arrange something like that with a local dealership or mc shop. Meetup would be a good starting point as mentioned.

You could also open Google Maps and do a phrase based search there. That way the search is focused to your immediate area (see attached example).
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle enthusiast hangout-2023-05-06_111231.jpg   Motorcycle enthusiast hangout-2023-05-06_111559.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 02:12 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Oh, well, I ride a '13 Honda CB1100, your basic UJM, and am a member of a Honda CB1100 forum. I have met a few riders. Thanks for all your replies. I found a place near my house, Augie's Sunset Cafe, right on the lake, where some riders congregate, and have met some riders there.
Awesome.

Let's see, the OC you say...

I'm sure you're familiar with the Rock Store, up in Cornell. (Yes, it's in LA County, but oh well.)

How about Hell's Kitchen on the Ortega Hwy? (New owners?)

Seems like there's always live music at Cook's Corner. (Lousy spaghetti.)

These are mostly HD, but you could sneak in with your CB. (Btw, do you know what the letters "CB" designate?)

Other than Santiago Canyon, there really isn't much in the way of "fun motorcycle" roads in the OC, anymore.

Now, if you wanna have some REAL challenging roads, let me know....

Old 05-08-2023, 09:35 AM

777 posts, read 503,312 times
Hi Norty - Thanks for your time and effort. Another member of the forum came thru with a detailed listing of places in my area that might work for me, and I've tried one close to my home, where I met a couple of riders. Also, my moniker for this forum, BMW R1100, refers to the BMW bike I owned when i joined City Data. CB is Honda-speak for a road bike, CL designates a scrambler type.

Old 05-08-2023, 10:42 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Hi Norty - Thanks for your time and effort. Another member of the forum came thru with a detailed listing of places in my area that might work for me, and I've tried one close to my home, where I met a couple of riders. Also, my moniker for this forum, BMW R1100, refers to the BMW bike I owned when i joined City Data. CB is Honda-speak for a road bike, CL designates a scrambler type.

And CB with an added X means lotsa valves to adjust and carbs to sync.

Old 09-11-2023, 01:45 PM

777 posts, read 503,312 times
Time marches on; I met a guy at Augie's Sunset Cafe, and he told me there's a bike shop nearby that some people gather at, Prodigy Motor Sports, out on Hwy 199 toward Springtown. The owner there encourages riders to come on into the shop, get a brew from the fridge, hang out a while, have a chat. On my ride days, Weds and Sats, that's my first stop. Got invited to go on a six-day ride this week, leave on Thursday for Rogers, AR, and return on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. That's guy who advised me to get a Yamaha V-Star 1300 rather than a 1100, and I did. Very happy with it. Here's my NTM Yamaha.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle enthusiast hangout-20230812_102143.jpg  

Last edited by BMW R1100; 09-11-2023 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 09-15-2023, 08:12 AM

2,340 posts, read 1,735,214 times
That’s a sweet cruiser. Thanks for posting it.

Old 09-17-2023, 05:17 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Time marches on; I met a guy at Augie's Sunset Cafe, and he told me there's a bike shop nearby that some people gather at, Prodigy Motor Sports, out on Hwy 199 toward Springtown. The owner there encourages riders to come on into the shop, get a brew from the fridge, hang out a while, have a chat. On my ride days, Weds and Sats, that's my first stop. Got invited to go on a six-day ride this week, leave on Thursday for Rogers, AR, and return on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. That's guy who advised me to get a Yamaha V-Star 1300 rather than a 1100, and I did. Very happy with it. Here's my NTM Yamaha.
Some Star riders have gone to "the Dark Side" with their bikes. Might take a look at that, if you burn a lot of road miles. But, check your insurance policy for exclusions, before you make the change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles