Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 02:45 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,505,266 times

Advertisements

Yes, helmets for sure. And, definitely need to brush up on laws in different states. License for UTV, trailer, camper, truck, the states are all after our money. What if you want to go on both ORV and USFS/BLM trails/roads? Confusing. Thanks for comments.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 02:46 PM

24,667 posts, read 17,410,458 times
Good advice given so far and I second that you make sure you can use one of these where you plan to. Another idea is to test drive. Years ago I bought a Suzuki quad and it was so much fun and then I bought another one which was a Yamaha and it was so much more comfortable to ride. Friends played with the Suzuki but the Yamaha was all mine.
Test drive as many as you can because they are all a bit different.
and yes buy helmets.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:50 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,153,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
Yes, helmets for sure. And, definitely need to brush up on laws in different states. License for UTV, trailer, camper, truck, the states are all after our money. What if you want to go on both ORV and USFS/BLM trails/roads? Confusing. Thanks for comments.
In Wyoming, license plates are needed for roads Orv sticker for trails. There are a couple places in the Big Horns where ORV trail comes up to the county road, but to continue on, the trail on the other side is down the road a quarter mile, not just straight across. I had one forest ranger say you can run down the road that far, they won't bother you, but, I have a friend that did just that and he got a ticket. If you have license plates from another state, they are good, but you still need the Wyoming ORV sticker for trails.

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,096,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
We are seriously considering the purchase of an ATV side by side. We love to explore back country roads and have found that an ATV would enable us to travel even further afield. What we are looking for is one that would allow for 2 adults and 2 larger dogs (poodle and poodle cross) plus some cargo space for camera and rock hounding equipment plus a lunch and some survival gear. We met some really cool people in eastern Oregon who advised us to consider the Kawasaki Teryx. It has room for pups in the rear with a cargo holder and is a capable rig. It is not fast which is a good thing as we like to putz around. Our budget is under $10k with a trailer so it looks like a used one will fill our wants. Any other suggestions: brands, features, quality, years? What questions should we ask? Thanks.
I was just reading this to see if anyone knew of some good trails in the Broken Bow, OK area. We just purchased a 2023 Kawasaki Teryx 800 and we LOVE it. It does 50MPH. We have a two seater, but there is cargo storage behind the seats, they have drains in case you want to use it as a cooler. OR you can put gear in there.

We did our maiden voyage at Wolf Pen Gap ORV Park in Mena, AR. That was a lot of fun. We are looking for places to go, we are in Northeast Louisiana but willing to travel up to 5 hour drive. If you know of a fun Offroad Park with cabins or campground, please share! Thanks!

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,625,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
I was just reading this to see if anyone knew of some good trails in the Broken Bow, OK area. We just purchased a 2023 Kawasaki Teryx 800 and we LOVE it. It does 50MPH. We have a two seater, but there is cargo storage behind the seats, they have drains in case you want to use it as a cooler. OR you can put gear in there.

We did our maiden voyage at Wolf Pen Gap ORV Park in Mena, AR. That was a lot of fun. We are looking for places to go, we are in Northeast Louisiana but willing to travel up to 5 hour drive. If you know of a fun Offroad Park with cabins or campground, please share! Thanks!
Funny how this popped up after all these years. We just got the bug again, I've been out of UTVs/ATVs and on ADV bikes for a decade. We just picked up a 2020 Yamaha YXZ for use here in Tennessee. Loving it so far! Sry, no help on your trails.

Old Today, 07:19 AM

10,405 posts, read 6,982,545 times
Please don't run over/head-on with dirtbikes on the trails. They're out there enjoying the same thing you are. It's a horrible feeling to kill/maim a 7 year old on a minibike. Yes, it does happen. All too frequently.

Wear your safety gear too. Side by siders like Marty Smith and his wife might be alive today, if they wore their gear...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles