Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:16 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,702,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
You should just walk too if that's your logic.

Posted with TapaTalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Nah, that is too dangerous too. I'd just stay home (motorcycle helmet optional)!
I used to ride back in the 80's. Let me ask you a question... Have either one of you wiseguys ever been hit by a speeding semi truck while you were riding?? No? Well, I have and I've got the scars to prove it!!!

I'd rather walk than ride a murdercycle today...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 01:50 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,088,183 times
To be fair, someone who was in a car accident can say the same thing.

It's a matter of balancing risk vs reward for almost any activity you choose.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I used to ride back in the 80's. Let me ask you a question... Have either one of you wiseguys ever been hit by a speeding semi truck while you were riding?? No? Well, I have and I've got the scars to prove it!!!

The only "wise guy" here is the one who comes on a thread asking a sincere question and gives a useless and nonsensical reply.

I hope you DO walk (which I'm sure you don't) since speeding semis kill people in cars every day. In fact, I'm sure joggers and walkers have been killed by speeding semis to.

Stay away from bath tubs....people slip and break their necks in them too!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,702,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The only "wise guy" here is the one who comes on a thread asking a sincere question and gives a useless and nonsensical reply.
If my advice can save one life then its' worth reading post like yours that are the mark of an immature person.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,619 times
Really? I wonder why someone insists upon sticking their worthless two cents into a thread about a guy who obviously chooses to ride motorcycles? In fact, I wonder why a guy that's anti-biking bothers to click into the motorcycle section of a forum? Must be rather hard up for attention I suppose.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,061,888 times
Quote:

I've ridden motorcycles for over 30 years, and have never had that happen to me.

On the other hand, I've been in several accidents while driving cars and/or my truck - none of them being my fault.

The only logical conclusion I can draw from that is that people SHOULD and MUST ride motorcycles, rather than driving cars & trucks.

The bottom line is that the OP just got his motorcycle license. This thread is not about whether he should ride or not, but how to ride safely and intelligently. That's where the focus of this thread should lie.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,993,822 times
back in 79 I got run down by 5 farrah fawcettes and i thought they were the angels comin' ta; git me. I had 0 over 0 BP, a broken neck 8 broken ribs of which 3 entered and exited my left luck twice each, a broken collar bone and a ruptured spleen.
I got the scar to prove it too, That full face helmet is what broke my neck...

Riding was different after and i got some good at dead stops with no feet down and today on my Nomad i can hold it 5 seconds before I must put a foot down 2 up and loaded with everything but the kitchen sink.

I guess you can get busted up and quit living life, or you can just deal with it and move on.

I got on another crash in Pine Ridge where i was towing a trailer behind the bike touring the USA...

Somehow the trailer pried itself off the ball hitch and was caught up on crossed cables. That took us down and i broke 3 ribs again, but dealt with it and finished the crossing to Cal then to Fla, then to Ok and into AR where I bought a rolling bed room and my ribs healed some 10 months later.

I might not be very smart but no one can say i am a quiter.

Riding is all about awareness..... If you don't be aware enough it will bite you, and you may die.

I know a deer hunter that was dressed in blaze orange from heat to toe and was probably shot by PETA sitting under a tree.

I know he was shot thru heart and i know who ever did it didn't take him for a deer.

I been riding bikes since 1964. i own bike since 1957 that i bought not running and most of them didn't ever run. I was 6 years old and digging clams to buy bikes.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,061,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I been riding bikes since 1964. i own bike since 1957 that i bought not running and most of them didn't ever run. I was 6 years old and digging clams to buy bikes.
Geez, you're old!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,993,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
Geez, you're old!
61....... still wastin air on this side of the grass I was riding bikes and driving cars before i was street legal.
back then it was possible to be faster than radio

Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,485,660 times
Quote:

I have been hit by a really fat flying bug, does that count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles