Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,112,788 times

Advertisements

And a dishonest 80 mpg, lol. Jay had me chuckling throughout this episode.

Royal Enfield Buzz Blog – Royal Enfield Arrives at Jay Leno’s Garage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,679,424 times
Somehow I seen this months ago, I think someone posted a link on the Royal Enfield thread I started months ago.

Jay is a actor, he "seems" enthusiastic about the bike.
I have been considering a Enfield. But for the same cost of a used one I can buy a used American made Goldwing.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,248,038 times
I love the Enfield, but it's just too underpowered. If Royal Enfield would bring back their 750 Interceptor, I'd be interested. That was a beautiful machine.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:17 PM

8,402 posts, read 13,545,112 times
The guy has so much (undeserved) money he doesn't even know what to do with it so while most of us (normal) folks would pass on or think twice about buying this kind of a bike, he goes "why not!".

Such an overrated bike due to its classic-ish looks but so very under powered. Probably costs a mere few hundred to make 'em yet look at what they are selling for using the "classic looking bike" angle!

I much rather restore an older R50 /2 or an R65!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,052,218 times
Turco i'd like to know what money is "deserved"? The truth is, i see no reason to hate the guy who's got the cash (he didn't kill any people to get it, or even level their homes, etc...it's cleaner money than many folks out there who have as much if not more). Also, if you had the cash, and have a motorcycle obsession like many of us do, i'm sure you wouldn't mind spending a little of that on your toys...I know i sure would...now i gotta go find a way to make a boatload of money!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,248,038 times
I'd be satisfied with about five bikes of my choosing.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Turco i'd like to know what money is "deserved"?
If you can justify it, it is deserved. I failed to see the skills/talent/brains that this guy has/had to accumulate that much money. His showbiz "connections" got him his gigs and TV shows yet he was far from talented or special.
Quote:
The truth is, i see no reason to hate the guy who's got the cash (he didn't kill any people to get it, or even level their homes, etc...it's cleaner money than many folks out there who have as much if not more).
No I do not hate the man, you assumed I did just because of that one word. I don't even know him. I just despise people wasting so much money for their own pleasure/entertainment instead of helping the others and their community. Perhaps if he turned his passion in to some sort of a museum where people could either visit for free or for a small fee where all money would go to charity then I would feel different. Anyhow, I digress so I will end it here.
Quote:
Also, if you had the cash, and have a motorcycle obsession like many of us do, i'm sure you wouldn't mind spending a little of that on your toys...I know i sure would...now i gotta go find a way to make a boatload of money!
I might have more than 1 bike as I currently do have 2. I can easily understand having 2-3 bikes as there are different purposes/ styles of riding. Almost like having a pair of running shoes, casual shoes and dress shoes. Heck even a 4th pair; a pair of flip-flops!
But I most certainly would not have a hangar full of them. No one could possibly find the time to ride and enjoy all those vehicles and a motor vehicle sitting in a garage/storage is plain silly. Arguably the worst thing you can do to a bike is to keep it in a storage or garage to collect dust. That makes me sad and mad at the same time.
"Ride 'em, don't hide 'em!" is what I say.

Please do let me know when you figure out a legal and moral way to make boat load of money, especially in this recession.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,052,218 times
Will do As far as i understand it though, Leno has a full team of mechanics who are keeping the bikes in operable condition. And if i know mechanics, they're probably getting some seat time on different models everyday.

I do totally understand what you're saying about having the time to ride the bikes...I currently have 3 motorcycles, and 2 cars that belong to me, + one car for the wife. Keeping maintenance up on all the vehicles can be a bit of a chore, and with the "museum" of vehicles he owns, i'm sure it requires a full time staff to keep on top of.

However, having more money than i know what to do with, and more vehicles to operate than i have time to use, is a problem i wouldn't mind having.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 AM

If I had the money and the time, I would get on a bike and see the world.
No plans, no schedules, no worries. Besides a few pieces of clothing, I would have some useful, common tools with me just in case I run into any issues on the road and out of AAA'a reach.

When I am done cruising through all 50 States, then I would see the rest of the world, meet people and learn about different cultures and customs so I'd not be such a lame, uneducated, boring person any more, not to mention start living my life a bit and actually enjoy it!

I'd sell my soul (if I could) to the Devil if he would let me have enough $$ to live my dreams but in this recession, I don't think even he'd be inclined to pay that much.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,033,254 times
over rated, over priced pos, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles