Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,343,549 times

Advertisements

Best of luck with the FZ6R! No, you wouldn't have wanted to buy that SV650. Something was definitely amiss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,326,308 times
Bought. Love the looks -- unpretentious, functional, clean, symmetrical.

The suspension and flickability won me over after about 100 feet. Suspension action is taut but supple in a high quality way. Showroom stock it absolutely beats the heck out of the supposedly higher end ZX-6R/ZZR600 I used to own (and of course it's better than the Ninja 250). Countersteering into a curve is effortless and it holds a line easily. Feels featherweight.

It's so well-balanced that coming to a stop it feels like it will stay up on its own.

Very comfy, zero vibration, decent wind protection, fantastic quality feel, stout brakes, buttery shifting, light clutch, superb engine response... but what really got me about the drivetrain was how smooth it was going from off throttle to on throttle. This is fuel-injected?!

The feel from the seat is amazing. Never felt a more comfortable perch or a more commanding position. The footpeg assembly has a nice spot where I can put my heels which feels secure and comfy. Has a handlebar instead of clip-ons. Very nicely finished front area with analog tach and digital speed.

Needs an oil change pretty quickly. May reduce or eliminate that mudflap/fender. May switch to clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs. May get the Yamaha clear double bubble screen. Can't really think of too much else I want or need to touch on this. The exhaust note (the pipe is well hidden) is nicely understated and subtle, great for cops and neighbors (I believe it's quieter than my 250 was at idle).

I liked it from the reviews so I had high expectations but the first ride was over the top. Everything about it just fits like a gloves and works together like a Swiss watch.
Attached Thumbnails
wreck-fz6r-day-one-b.jpg  

Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 PM

12,082 posts, read 39,064,948 times
Congrats on the new bike!

I know how you feel about the other driver. Some numb-nuts came around a blind corner driving a older GTO in my lane once and took me head-on on my bike. Thank goodness we were each only going about 30MPH.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,343,549 times
Ouch...that's a combined speed of 60 mph! Glad you're here to talk about it.

Nepenthe: I'd like to hear your take on the seat after you ride 300+ miles on it on a trip. I'm not saying you won't like it. I just want to know! One of those FZ6Rs might be in my future.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,669,929 times
Sounds like the SUV driver was an idiot that relied 100% on her GPS that didn't deliver this time.

Small road - out in the country, I presume?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,326,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I know how you feel about the other driver. Some numb-nuts came around a blind corner driving a older GTO in my lane once and took me head-on on my bike. Thank goodness we were each only going about 30MPH.
Ouch indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'd like to hear your take on the seat after you ride 300+ miles on it on a trip. I'm not saying you won't like it. I just want to know! One of those FZ6Rs might be in my future.
Will do -- got a 600ish mile trip planned for Saturday April 23rd. I do have a new/higher windscreen on order and I plan to adjust the handlebars a little (rotate them and use the built in adjustability to move them forward just a bit). I'm going to stay stock on everything else for now (seat, pegs, grips).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Sounds like the SUV driver was an idiot that relied 100% on her GPS that didn't deliver this time.

Small road - out in the country, I presume?
Well not too far out but yes a sparsely populated little pocket with a very winding road. It's not too hard to take the wrong turn off of one of the boulevards and end up there wondering what happened I guess. I've driven or ridden it thousands of times now (an average of about 11 times per week for six years) so I can do it in my sleep...

Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,671,211 times
Excellent write up about the incident. I just assume the drivers are nuts..LOL I'm watching all the time. I do mostly country riding and have to watch for wildlife and farm equipment all the time. I live in OH but ride a lot in southern IN. Especailly in the spring the country roads are really awful. Many times there are deep potholes and even sections that are just gravel with the winter weather.
Amazing you weren't hurt more than that...man count your blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles