Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 AM

174 posts, read 488,298 times

Advertisements

we put an offer in for a forclosed home and were accepted. Our loan has already been approved. Our closing date would be tomorrow but the title is still under the sellers name and not the banks. how/why does this happen? We have to wait for them to get the title under the banks name. sorry I am not very educated in mortgages. if anyone knows what I am talking about, could you please shed some light.. I want to know how long this process takes. we have to move out of our apt by 3/21. our loan officer and real estate agent are idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,335 times
I am not an expert, but your loan officer had to get the title. Look in your Good faith estimate, it should have a title procurement fees. Do you have a real estate attorney.... ask them about it as they can also order it.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:49 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I am not an expert, but your loan officer had to get the title. Look in your Good faith estimate, it should have a title procurement fees. Do you have a real estate attorney.... ask them about it as they can also order it.

The OP is saying the foreclosure took place, but the title has not been transferred to the bank that foreclosed.

We are seeing a sharp increase in title delays on the seller's side. From what I understand, this can be tricky when there is more than one lien in the foreclosure. If you have ever bought a home before you know it takes about 3 to 4 weeks for the deed to show up after you purchase. Now imagine that deed is being delivered to an institution with over a quarter of a million employees........then that deed must be sent to the individual authorized to sign off on that deed for the sale.

Patience and a owner's title policy are mandatory. In Virginia, we are seeing the time-frame to get the new deed coming in at 6 weeks from date of foreclosure. I will tell you what I am telling all of my clients. Assume the worse and have a plan of action if at any time the closing date is delayed. I am now advising renters not to give notice until they have closed. Have a place to go March 22.

(Note: this has nothing to do with the buyer's side of the transaction and is not part of the GFE).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages