Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymel View Post
Well, I'd like to punch the guy on TV who boasts about his credit score. It's ridiculous! OK, if you have a good credit score, then you're probably have a large income (middle class or above), then you pay less for large purchases. Right? So maybe that's why in today's society, the gap between rich and poor is getting larger and larger! The poor get poorer because they are paying more for their products - I'm no communist, but that doesn't sound fair. Oh well, welcome to the real world. Thanks, Dad.

This is not true at all. How much you make has zero effect on your credit score and isn't even information collected to determine your credit score. The best way to have/keep a good credit score is to use your credit wisely and pay your bills on time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 06:40 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,377 times
Quote:
Well, I'd like to punch the guy on TV who boasts about his credit score. It's ridiculous! OK, if you have a good credit score, then you're probably have a large income (middle class or above), then you pay less for large purchases. Right? So maybe that's why in today's society, the gap between rich and poor is getting larger and larger! The poor get poorer because they are paying more for their products - I'm no communist, but that doesn't sound fair. Oh well, welcome to the real world. Thanks, Dad.
Not true my income is far from large and my score was teetering around 750 until I closed a few accounts about a year ago,now I'm slowly working back up again.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,762 times
I agree, my income is NOT large, as a matter of fact it's never been anything I would brag about BUT my credit score IS! It's great. I have had 2 late payments in 10 years and those were only 3-8 days late (when you have give birth you tend to forget about VISA lol). You too could pay a great interest rate if you are very careful and pay on time and do not overextend your credit. You get more CREDIT if you have more income, but not higher credit scores.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:26 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,539,142 times
Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are two FREE sites you can log into. It breaks down your score by Usage, Payment History, Credit age, Account Mix and Credit Inquiries. All 5 factors are weighed differently to determine your score. Most weight placed on history, miss even one payment and it will lower the hell out of your score. It is updated weekly, so if you're planning a large expense you can see what you need to do to raise it. Keep your balances under 5% and you're good to go. And not being rich does not affect your score, as others have stated.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:11 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
How do we obtain our credit score?

I've gotten the reports before, but they don't include your score.

I'm not someone who enters all my personal info...SSN#, bdate, etc. on to the internet.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:48 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post

I'm not someone who enters all my personal info...SSN#, bdate, etc. on to the internet.
Not sure why you won’t submit such info on a secure, authenticated web site such as your bank’s website.

Read this for all options.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-...-score-en-316/

Old 10-15-2019, 06:53 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
Very helpful^^^^^...thank you.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:57 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post

You can sign up for a credit card that offers you your credit score. Otherwise you can get it free from Credit Karma or other online sites but you will have to enter your SS# and other info. If you could get it without entering your info anyone could get anyone else's credit score on line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages