Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,222 times

Advertisements

My bank has a mass loan modification program but I am not quite satisfied with their computations. I want a better deal for my loan but they won’t talk to me saying that I am already part of the program. What can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,920,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerelish View Post
My bank has a mass loan modification program but I am not quite satisfied with their computations. I want a better deal for my loan but they won’t talk to me saying that I am already part of the program. What can I do?

This is what happens when you deal directly with your lender when you try and do you own modification. You get a mod that benefits the lender.

Now if you have a hardship and deal with an attorney firm, you can expect to get a modification that benefits you.

Unfortunately - mortgages can be only modified once a year, some loans only once in the lifetime of the loan.

You have one chance - if you have not submitted any income/expense documentation too them, you can try to do a modification through a modification company. If you have sent them in your personal paperwork, you pretty much stuck with what they are offering you.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,600,331 times
find an attorney who does loan modifications

Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 PM

8 posts, read 25,712 times
Default press on

Be persistent. If you think that you can’t win the battle alone, get the services of a reliable loan modification company so you can have a better chance of winning your case.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,072,780 times
Who's reliable???

Old 12-08-2008, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 10,708 times
I would not go to a loan modification company in my case they are probably rip-offs. I would get a HUD approved non-profit agency, like NACA or HOPE NOW. Go to the hud.org site for more info and to see folks who had success with lenders on loan modifications go to loansafe.org

Old 12-14-2008, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 15,474 times
Smile LoanSafe.org and Non-Profits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashes35 View Post
I would not go to a loan modification company in my case they are probably rip-offs. I would get a HUD approved non-profit agency, like NACA or HOPE NOW. Go to the hud.org site for more info and to see folks who had success with lenders on loan modifications go to loansafe.org
Whoa...

I believe the successes of the .orgs you mentioned above is not great. They get very few done and are bogged down with request that's part of the current re-default problem.

As far as loansafe.org this is really a lead generation site designed to drive business to the law firm advertised on their pages. The law firm then gives the back office work to their FOR PROFIT operation Loan Safe Solutions.

If you pay close attention to the moderators advice on the loansafe site it is really limited to giving out contact info. The same contact info is available all over the net...

I found a company with copies of successful modification agreements posted for viewing.

HomeRetentionGroup.com

Old 12-14-2008, 07:08 PM

18 posts, read 119,874 times
You won't get a loan modified, rewritten, recast, or whatever in a few days. It can be a lengthy process.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 AM

4 posts, read 15,474 times
Yes it is a lengthy process

Old 02-14-2009, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,535 times
Lenders will some time take advantage of you. They may not offer you the best deal possible. Check out an approved loan modification company at [url=http://www.GuardianMods.com]Mortgage Loan Modifications - Stop Foreclosure - Atty[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages