Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:12 PM

7 posts, read 16,266 times

Advertisements

We closed on our re-finance loan and signed the HUD form and agreed to all fees and payments to be made on various creditors. A week and a half later, we finally get the final HUD and checks for the creditors they are paying off. One of the creditors was not on the final HUD. We called our broker and he told us they had to adjust some things to get the funding and the creditor that was dropped had to be done to get the loan funded. We did not sign a HUD dropping the other creditor. Can they legally change the HUD without our signatures and drop the creditor to adjust other figures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM

768 posts, read 4,344,959 times
Since a payoff doesn't affect the APR, a lender can make that change without you having to re-sign documentation. Changing the HUD after it's signed happens quite often in the western US on purchases - more/less days of interest, a change in the amount of homeowners insurance premium due, a seller credit that needs to be increased/decreased, etc. Happens on refinances all over the US too. Dropping a creditor seems pretty major, however the last time that happened in a situation I was in the lender was fine requiring the borrower to re-sign. They just re-approved them in underwriting, provided the escrow agent new settlement instructions, and removed a payoff and converted it to cash back to the client.

What happened to the moeny that was supposed to pay off that creditor though? Did you end up getting cash back? Did they underestimate how much the payoffs or closing costs were going to total up to? I wonder why they had to change.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM

Default They kept it

They readjusted the broker credit to borrower so that they would not have to give up as much as originally agreed upon.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Default They kept it

And we got no money back.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 PM

768 posts, read 4,344,959 times
So you went from:

1. Broker credit being X
2. Credit card being paid off
3. No cash back at closing

to:

1. Broker credit being less than X
2. Credit card not being paid off
3. No cash back at closing

Sounds fishy, did you get a detailed explanation why? Sounds like you got something but not an explanation.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Default No

We called the manager and he told us they had to adjust the figures to get the loan funded. He mentioned that our actual broker even ended up taking a 500 cut in pay on the deal. BUT, if you look at the figures, the amount that was supposed to be paid to the creditor, went back to the broker. The original credit was 1340 and is now 333.83. There are some other minor adjustments and even a additional interest because they took a week and a half to fund the loan after closing.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:35 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,919,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtuck View Post
We closed on our re-finance loan and signed the HUD form and agreed to all fees and payments to be made on various creditors. A week and a half later, we finally get the final HUD and checks for the creditors they are paying off. One of the creditors was not on the final HUD. We called our broker and he told us they had to adjust some things to get the funding and the creditor that was dropped had to be done to get the loan funded. We did not sign a HUD dropping the other creditor. Can they legally change the HUD without our signatures and drop the creditor to adjust other figures?
if you look through your disclosures, one of them gives the title/closing company authorization to make changes/fixes for events like that.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM

So are you telling me that my broker lied to me about the credit and then took it back after closing and there is nothing I can do about it?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:05 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,919,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtuck View Post
So are you telling me that my broker lied to me about the credit and then took it back after closing and there is nothing I can do about it?
if he lost commission, then there is no credit to receive. it would have came out of the commission. i have a hard time believe that both the broker, the bank and the title company missed the 2nd lien till last minute. i would ask for the updated HUD and compare.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM

They sent us the final HUD and it shows that the broker credit to borrower was reduced because they subtracted one of the creditors they were suppose to have paid. I am trying to find out if this is legal. Can they remove a agreed creditor from the HUD that we signed to reimburse themselves of the broker credit to borrower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages