Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,439,051 times

Advertisements

Before 5:00pm today I got many emails from lenders with a "mid-day price change" after the feds announced the lowering of the Prime rate. Here is what countrywide sent :
Mid Day Rate change!

Conforming Fixed: -3/8
Non-Conforming Fixed: -1/4
Government Fixed: -1/2
Jumbo 5/1 ARM: -1/4

This is from Citibank:
New York – Citibank said today it has lowered its base lending rate to 7.75% from 8.25%, effective today, Tuesday, September 18, 2007.

The rest will follow.
In the past few days I have also received many notices from conforming lenders stating they are loosing up on there requirements again. Things like 40 yr fixed are back, stated and no docs are available again and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 07:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,556,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
good eye...i didnt see that at all!
Well, I thought I wasn't seeing things...

Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,655,259 times
who do you use for government and conforming?

i have seen that TBW is the best for these two....but younever know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Before 5:00pm today I got many emails from lenders with a "mid-day price change" after the feds announced the lowering of the Prime rate. Here is what countrywide sent :
Mid Day Rate change!

Conforming Fixed: -3/8
Non-Conforming Fixed: -1/4
Government Fixed: -1/2
Jumbo 5/1 ARM: -1/4

This is from Citibank:
New York – Citibank said today it has lowered its base lending rate to 7.75% from 8.25%, effective today, Tuesday, September 18, 2007.

The rest will follow.
In the past few days I have also received many notices from conforming lenders stating they are loosing up on there requirements again. Things like 40 yr fixed are back, stated and no docs are available again and so forth.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,439,051 times
For conforming I use Interfirst and Wamu the most but depending on the program, use Indy Mac and a few others. I don't do FHA but the above have my community and such that will do the 100% or 97% without all the hassles of FHA at basically the same rates.
TB&W- I can never get anything accomplished with them, tried to call 3 times a day for 4 days in a row, never got a call or email back. I know a lot in our company love them but I think they (TB&W) doesn't like working in TN maybe?
Hey, can you do me a favor and DM me the name and number of your AE? I would appreciate it.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:53 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,164,909 times
So the concensus is rates did go down today? But who knows how long they will last?

Could just be a knee jerk reaction of the banks. But hopefully rates will stay this way or go lower for the near future.

I beleive Greenspan was talking more about the mid-long term with double digit rates. It should be at least a year (probably much longer) before we see any major fluctuation in rates.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:03 PM

85 posts, read 209,274 times
Cutting the fed funds and the discount ultimately will be bad for mortgage interest rates.

Cutting the rates is designed to stimulate the economy /equities markets.

Inflationary pressure will force the yields on 10 years to skyrocket.

However, there probably will be a slight short term depression in rates for the time being.

GENERAL RULE OF THUMB FOR MORTGAGE SHOPPING

A downward spiraling stock market causes rates to go down.
A bullish market causes rates to rise.

Cutting the Fed Funds is an artificial way to cause bull market growth. Witness the record Dow Jones surges....

Lowering rates is Counter-intuitive logic, but it results in higher long term rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages