Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM

167 posts, read 856,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think you'd really have to crunch the numbers to see if it would be worth it: gas, wear and tear on the car, parking at the train station, train pass, etc. Plus your time is also worth something.

Not all of the private English schools in Montreal are super-expensive. Plus there is the option of sending them to French school as well - no one has ever died from exposure to French as far as I know.
Yes, I suppose it could be just easier to send the children to a private English school in Quebec. I've never priced one out, but always got the impression they were expensive. I knew of a few people who regularly went between Ste-Anne's or Bainsville and the West Island which may not be so bad. But you're right, if you have to go a bit further east, to downtown Montreal, that's a bit different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As the op posted the topic 3 years ago he/she must have made a decision by now.We can only imagine what that decision was as the op never had the courtesy to get back to us.
I didn't even notice it was three years ago! Oh well, hopefully this info will also help others who may be in a similar situation. Yeah, it would be nice to get an update from the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:57 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,281,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy73 View Post
... Yeah, it would be nice to get an update from the OP.
Not likely to happen: OP's Last Activity: 09-18-2009

Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,004,819 times
I sometimes like to answer these things anyway because there are lots of lurkers out there who do not post but might find the info useful.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,311 times
I have been looking into the same problem and came up with Vankleek, Cornwall, and Lancaster. I actually know Lancaster and Williamstown quite well, since I spent my summer weekends on a farm near them in the sixties. Be prepared for a very quiet life there.

Have you considered Vermont? A long time CTV news anchor, now retired, used to live there for tax purposes, and commute daily to Montreal.

I am choosing Cornwall because I only visit Montreal once a week.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 820 times
Amazing post and thanks for various suggestions.
I also need to decide between Public French school or Private English school or travel from Ontario. I am more inclined towards Private English school as of now. Once i relocate i will keep posted my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal