Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 12:51 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,593,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
City of Chateauguay

The public transit service of the City of Châteauguay is managed by the RTM secteur Sud-Ouest. Guaranteeing a regular service, 7 days a week, the RTM also offers rush hour service, from Monday to Friday for traveling to work as quickly as possible. A bus every 10 minutes and more than forty rush-hour departures will take you in less than 30 minutes to Montreal, thanks to the reserved lanes.
Nice idea but the bridge will drive you nuts.
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...21.FIUE-dV253s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 10:38 AM

8 posts, read 6,510 times
We're back on the NDG bandwagon. Anyone have thoughts on "The Triangle"? Seems like when it is all done it could be a nice community. New condos have a certain appeal to them (amenities, parking, security, noise).

Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 PM

196 posts, read 218,781 times
The Triangle:

That location isn't family-friendly. It's at the intersection of two of the busiest highways, which means congestion, hectic and aggressive driving practically all the time. Due to that, the major streets delimiting the area aren't very pedestrian -friendly. There's also little in terms of quiet green spaces and a severe lack of vegetation. Decaire Expressway and Boul. Jean Talon give it a grimy feel summer and winter.

I see the condos there as more for young people without kids commuting downtown with the metro.

Compared to Lachine (quite French actually) and the South Shore, it is the least Francophone.

Btw, I lived in a condo on the other side of autoroute 40 from there. I wouldn't recommend living close to all that highway traffic -too much grimy, dark dust accumulation on the floors if you open the windows. Which basically means day-to-day, you're breathing the stuff.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:28 AM

super helpful, thanks. NDG it is!

Old 04-09-2019, 02:42 PM

What about Ahuntsic? Seems like a lot of the same advantages as NDG, but decidedly more French and with great public schools and a little more home for your money. Would we run into too many language and/or culture barriers there as English speakers relatively new to French? Worry about feeling isolated in our own community.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:47 PM

193 posts, read 219,988 times
I also do not suggest the "Triangle". Right beside the condos, it's an ethnic ghetto. A lot of poor immigrants settle there. I say that as an ethnic minority and an immigrant myself. It's not a very pleasant area, despite the condo development going on. A lot of alcoholics and it has a rough vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal