Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 01:06 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,312,212 times

Advertisements

hi,
can someone please comment on the areas of the two hotels below? i'm interested in knowing how they each are situation with respect to restaurants, clubs, nightlife, and being 'happening' places.

Hotel 10
Omni Mont-Royal

thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 01:29 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,163,149 times
Both are good locations.

The Omni is closer to nightlife areas mostly frequented by tourists.

The 10 is more in an area that Montrealers themselves go out in.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:49 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,312,212 times
what's that street name with dance clubs on both sides of the street....typically very young kinds (like early 20s)....?

i remember once i was staying at the hyatt montreal, and walked to the place (took a while)...and the street i'm talking about was up this hill that i walked up....

Old 02-24-2017, 07:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,439,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
what's that street name with dance clubs on both sides of the street....typically very young kinds (like early 20s)....?

i remember once i was staying at the hyatt montreal, and walked to the place (took a while)...and the street i'm talking about was up this hill that i walked up....
From the Hyatt you may have walked up the very lively blvd St Laurent. To the west is Crescent st and to the east St Denis st, both may fit your description.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,541,786 times
This thread triggered another senior moment.

I'm thinking back to Thursday's at the end of the short basement tunnel walk-through from the Hotel de la Montagne and the railing sectioned dance floors.

That Hotel was our home for sometimes 3 months of contract discussions every other year and the memories of dining and imbibing while dancing the night away in that place are the stuff of far away gazing still to this very day. The first hotel I'd stayed at with a phone in the bathroom. Upon our arrival and check in every Monday, kissing the elephant's butt, to then rush up to our rooms and dump our stuff grab the elevator and get down to the bar or up to the pool bar on the roof and start an evening's recreation.

Dining on the Mezzanine and finishing the meal with the finest creme brulee I've ever had to then wander down to Hurley's Pub for pints of Guinness or shots of Macallan's 27 year old, ALL covered on the expense account, whooee! Now those were the halcyon days.

Montreal presents so many areas of night life second to none anywhere I have ever been, including the garish glitz of Vegas.

To be young, single, moderately successful and working in the city proper would be many a young person's dream come true.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:15 AM

17,465 posts, read 15,609,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This thread triggered another senior moment.

I'm thinking back to Thursday's at the end of the short basement tunnel walk-through from the Hotel de la Montagne and the railing sectioned dance floors.

That Hotel was our home for sometimes 3 months of contract discussions every other year and the memories of dining and imbibing while dancing the night away in that place are the stuff of far away gazing still to this very day. The first hotel I'd stayed at with a phone in the bathroom. Upon our arrival and check in every Monday, kissing the elephant's butt, to then rush up to our rooms and dump our stuff grab the elevator and get down to the bar or up to the pool bar on the roof and start an evening's recreation.

Dining on the Mezzanine and finishing the meal with the finest creme brulee I've ever had to then wander down to Hurley's Pub for pints of Guinness or shots of Macallan's 27 year old, ALL covered on the expense account, whooee! Now those were the halcyon days.

Montreal presents so many areas of night life second to none anywhere I have ever been, including the garish glitz of Vegas.

To be young, single, moderately successful and working in the city proper would be many a young person's dream come true.
Man, I remember the one and only time I went back to Montreal alone. It was a few years ago (I think I was 25 or so) and my brother would drop me off at the metro station nearest to his house and tell me: "call me when you're ready for me to pick you up." I had the time of my LIFE. Seemed like all of downtown was party central. Every street was full of life. One second I was hanging around Square Victoria, the next I was on St-Laurent, another night somewhere near Concordia...

The only city in NA that I've seen this widely active ALL NIGHT was NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal