Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 10:10 AM

31 posts, read 46,081 times

Advertisements

Is this area good for a family with kids younger than 9 years?

189-229 blvd Bishop-Power, Ville LaSalle, QC, Canada, H8P 2P5

Is there access to go to downtown or anywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 11:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
I think its a good area, got a small mall at BP and Champlain, a public kindegarten through highschool school close by (Allion and LCCHS),an eclectic mix of housing from older detached to newer duplexes to apartments and condos , close to the river and all its parks and bike paths at the end of the street and by bus the 110 will take you to Agrignon metro station,or bus 112 will take you to Jolicoeur metro station.

Last edited by jambo101; 03-18-2015 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 06:01 PM

544 posts, read 900,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBGOLD View Post
Is this area good for a family with kids younger than 9 years?

189-229 blvd Bishop-Power, Ville LaSalle, QC, Canada, H8P 2P5

Is there access to go to downtown or anywhere?
A long time ago, my grandparents lived on Bishop Power, right across the street from the pool and the high school. It is a very busy street. As a child, I distinctly remember the 109 bus waking me up as it passed by when I stayed over. Also, my grandfather used to chase the high school kids out of his backyard that were there smoking pot. I don't know what it's like now, but drugs was a big problem at LCCHS in the 1970s.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 AM

The area has never been known as a place of high crime or drug usage .With a large highschool across the street its natural a few kids would use their lunch time to smoke.I wouldnt judge the whole area by the actions of a few students at lunch time.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,508,936 times
"By bike, LaSalle's commercial hub is located a few minutes away from the bicycle path along the Lachine Canal or the Aqueduct Canal, and ten minutes away by car from downtown Montréal."

LaSalle Commercial Arteries

You can read a lot more about LaSalle on that link.

Personally, I was glad to finally be able move away from LaSalle. I lived near the train station, and there was quite a bit of criminal activity in the area, including murder. At least three or four murders in the area, though in the course of about ten years.

Too many people there, too, for my liking. Still, everyone is different.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
"By bike, LaSalle's commercial hub is located a few minutes away from the bicycle path along the Lachine Canal or the Aqueduct Canal, and ten minutes away by car from downtown Montréal."

Personally, I was glad to finally be able move away from LaSalle. I lived near the train station, and there was quite a bit of criminal activity in the area, including murder. At least three or four murders in the area, though in the course of about ten years.

I live just across the tracks from that train station,(The heights) and while i dont doubt there might have been some gang/drug related murders down on Vezina St. that area is a long way from where the op is thinking of moving.
As for too many people? its a city with a metro population of 4 million people if pastoral countryside settings are whats required its going to involve a lengthy commute.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:16 PM

544 posts, read 900,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post

LaSalle was a great place to grow up. I lived there the first 30 years of my life. I return now and there is a condo crammed into every nook and cranny, kind of lost some of its character. I am also shocked by the real estate prices. Good if you bought back in the 1990s. LaSalle was always a blue collar city and I'm not sure where people are getting the money.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:03 AM

31 posts, read 46,081 times
So suggest a best place for family with kids. Not a very or most expensive area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal