Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 11:50 AM

8 posts, read 21,670 times

Advertisements

Dear all,

I will be moving to Montreal in June this year and I am looking for apartments. Basically I will be working in JGH and I will need an apartment close by.

Few basic requirements I have.

1. Should be a high-rise with proper security etc.
2. Must have dishwasher.
3. Should have daycare centres nearby.
4. Should be in a peaceful neighborhood.
5. Should be close to parks and library.

Based on this I have zeroed in on the place marked in green in the attached map (Place Concorde). Any review of this place?

Do you know of any other place?

Thanks and kind regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for apartments in Montreal-montreal-rental.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 01:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,068,193 times
Try this:

Rockhill's Apartements

I have a friend who lives there and he's quite happy there.

ETA: You'll see that some of the units are very pricey -- they're likely the ones that are already furnished. Make sure that you look at the UNfurnished ones for a more reasonable monthly price.
ETA2: Actually, they're listed as Semi-furnished (they come with fridge, stove, etc...) and that's what they consider semi. Here you go:
http://appartementsrockhill.ca/semi/...e-semi-meuble/

Old 02-01-2015, 03:43 PM

17,282 posts, read 15,476,500 times
Check out Lakeshore Towers in Pointe-Claire.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:52 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,536,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Check out Lakeshore Towers in Pointe-Claire.
Yeah, but that's not close by the JGH.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:23 PM

123 posts, read 332,689 times
Did you try Structure Metropolitan in nuns island? 20 mins bus ride to Mcgill !!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:02 PM

17,282 posts, read 15,476,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Yeah, but that's not close by the JGH.
whoops... sorry. I moved from Montreal quite a while ago.
Anyway, I do remember seeing quite a few high-rise apartments along Decarie.
Come to think of it, my brother used to live on Cote-Des-Neiges in a "high-rise." There are quite a few around there, and that would place you very close to JGH.
I second DawnMTL. Check out Rockhill and surroundings.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:48 PM

The reason that I thought of Rockhill is because of the need for a dishwasher. That area is not known for its luxury apartments and the lower-end ones definitely won't have a dishwasher (or the ability to install one).

Old 02-04-2015, 10:54 PM

8 posts, read 21,670 times
Thanks guys for your reply. I actually called up Rockhill apartment folks. They said they don't have dishwasher in their 1 br apartment. Anything bigger than that will be out of my budget. Place Concorde, which is close to it, has dishwasher in 1 br and rent is $1110. Any review of this place, anyone?

Thanks again. If you know of any other place close by within $1200 please do let me know.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
I know the area quite well but not the individual apartment complexes.
Your Place Concorde looks ideally situated to working at the JGH, and i i cant find any negatives.
https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=...rde+queen+mary
Very lively area,lots of bars restaurants, and shopping and close to Mount Royal Park,buses abound and a metro station close by/.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beni_bana View Post
Thanks guys for your reply. I actually called up Rockhill apartment folks. They said they don't have dishwasher in their 1 br apartment. Anything bigger than that will be out of my budget. Place Concorde, which is close to it, has dishwasher in 1 br and rent is $1110. Any review of this place, anyone?

Thanks again. If you know of any other place close by within $1200 please do let me know.
Ahhh, that's too bad about the 1 BR units at Rockhill.

It's really hard to find online reviews of apartments in Montreal -- maybe it's like that everywhere in Canada, I don't know. In the States, you can find online reviews on just about anything!

Like Jambo, I don't know that apartment complex first-hand (or even second-hand). I had actually looked at it -- not in person, only online -- when I was looking for a new home. I liked what I read, that's for certain. Also, like Jambo said, it's in a lively area, which everything very close.

It looks like a very good choice for you. Best of luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal