Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,807 times

Advertisements

Maybe arrondissements, or maybe even smaller areas (communities).
What is the general feeling in a few words? What are their pluses and minuses?

Verdun?
Pointe Saint Charles?
Lasalle?
St Henri?
Plateau Mont-Royal?
Rosemont?
Petite Patrie?
Ahuntsic?

etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 02:47 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Montreal Neighborhoods - A Guide to Montreal Neighborhoods

Old 01-30-2014, 04:38 AM

127 posts, read 269,295 times
-Verdun+St Henri + Pointe Saint Charles: poor and middle class population , cheap rent and near downtown ,a lot of social housing.
- Plateau Montroyal : verry artsy and expensive rent not because it's fency it's just because it's artsy .
-Rosemont+Petite Patrie+Ahuntsic: Middle class area , ahuntsic a little bit poorer.
-Lasalle ( the best one in your list) clean , affordable , near downtown, large streets.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Touristy and incomplete, and with 404 errors.... not at all like the personal feel and opinions I was asking for.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzz View Post
-Verdun+St Henri + Pointe Saint Charles: poor and middle class population , cheap rent and near downtown ,a lot of social housing.
- Plateau Montroyal : verry artsy and expensive rent not because it's fency it's just because it's artsy .
-Rosemont+Petite Patrie+Ahuntsic: Middle class area , ahuntsic a little bit poorer.
-Lasalle ( the best one in your list) clean , affordable , near downtown, large streets.
Thank you. Feel free to add your opinions on any other communities. HoMa, CDN, CSL, Hampstead?

Lasalle: big streets - is it really a plus? (thoroughfares, strip malls?)

Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 PM

127 posts, read 269,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Thank you. Feel free to add your opinions on any other communities. HoMa, CDN, CSL, Hampstead?

Lasalle: big streets - is it really a plus? (thoroughfares, strip malls?)
when the time will come and you will have to drive after a snow storm then you will understand what the diference makes to have large streets
Ville saint laurent is also good , most of jobs are there and because of that it's expensive.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:15 PM

323 posts, read 1,391,246 times
Quote:
Maybe arrondissements, or maybe even smaller areas (communities).
What is the general feeling in a few words? What are their pluses and minuses?

Verdun?
Pointe Saint Charles?
Lasalle?
St Henri?
Plateau Mont-Royal?
Rosemont?
Petite Patrie?
Ahuntsic?

etc etc.
Verdun: convenient locale for biking, beauty and getting downtown.
Pros: Water and parkland
Cons: A lot of down trodden people are part of the scene. It is dense in population.
PSCharles:
I am not fond of it but biking or driving thru it is very interesting for
some of it's architecture and old time vibes.
Cons: Rough in part
Pros: It has some nice homes. Close to downtown and not too hard to get to Old Montreal.
Lasalle: Totally different vibe.
Pro: Open feeling to it and great for drivers. Close to a lot of great things like park lands, shopping and
not so far to get to other areas of Montreal such as NDG. Very friendly people.
Cons: suburb but a nice change I suppose if one lives well.
Rosemount: I live there and was going to stay here temporarily.
I live in the Old Rosemont area. People are friendly. There is much to do and see that is walkable.
It's mostly all French speaking people. But there are some English but I don't hear like in all the above
areas. That is all
Con: I don't enjoy biking over here.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,954 times
This website has a a description of every neighbourhood in Montreal plus a whole bunch of information like walkability, type of people that live there, safety, etc.
http://www.navut.com

Here an example of the profile for Griffintown:
http://www.navut.com/neighborhoods/montreal/montreal/griffintowncitedumultimedia

Old 02-04-2014, 02:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Touristy and incomplete, and with 404 errors.... not at all like the personal feel and opinions I was asking for.
You're welcome.

I don't know where you hail from, but it's customary to say thank you when someone has gone through the trouble of looking something up for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal