Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,105,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
My girlfriend lived near there. It's always been a bit of a dodgy area, not exactly dangerous though. Moving a bit further west on Gouin would be advisable. Or a bit further south.
Thank you! I think that I've dissuaded her with the last two comments from here. It's good to know you folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 538 times
Default Too late to chime in?

The building(s) in question are flanked by noise.
You have the commuter train running in the back, and the busy street out front.
The building comprises of various families, but a large percentage of newly arrived peoples.
The neighbourhood is nice.
You can cross the street (avoiding the cars) and walk down the block (a long one) to the water.
There is a small marina around there also, and some green spaces.
I do not know if she has a car, there is underground as well as outdoor parking, and she will require patience in getting out of the lot. Especially if you wish to travel West.
Grocery store is a descent walk away.
Not sure of budget, or why this location suits your friend, but if she can swing it, go (much) further West.
Someone mentioned South, but that is merely a lateral move.
I own some rental property, and as far as quality, I do not go east of Sources.
I would concentrate in and around the St Jean area.

Just my two cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal