Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,110,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Welcome What do we cook?

Usually jambon (not to be confused with Jambo)
Just thinking about it - it's ham in my family too. Turkey is for Christmas. And as others have said, it's not really that big a deal in our family though we do generally get together for a meal. Watching a football game might be part of the afternoon for some of the men but once again it doesn't feel like a "ritual".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 02:56 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,541,243 times
Congratulations DD78, I wish you the absolute best of luck settling into your family's awesome new home! We always got the clan together and had a big meal, but unlike the other posters, turkey and pumpkin pie were prominent features at our meals. When I get together with my closest friends these days, I make a big cheese soufflee out of pan fried portobello mushrooms with garlic, Gruyere, parmesan, and mild white cheddar. Pumpkin pie and Turkey happen, but on the menu has also been sugar pie; sweet potatoes; yorkshire pudding and gravy from the turkey drippings; stuffing; blanched green beans with almond slices and butter; chana massala (chickpeas) and quinoa with honey, fried kale, walnuts, raisins, and avocados. We like cooking though .

Old 09-28-2013, 09:53 PM

78 posts, read 275,389 times
Thanksgiving is a much bigger holiday in the USA where everything is basically closed including restaurants

Old 09-29-2013, 02:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,389,349 times
Congratulations on the successful immigration.Hope you can take advantage of the fun potential of the upcoming winter, i'd suggest giving Cross country skiing a try at one of the many locations up in the Laurentians.
Thanksgiving at our house is usually turkey with all the trimmings or sometimes a ham with all the trimmings..
Didnt know or just forgot that Montreal has a Thanksgiving day parade. We do have a pretty good Santa Claus parade and in the spring a very big St Patricks Day Parade. Some other festivities through out the year=
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festiva...es_in_Montreal

Last edited by jambo101; 09-29-2013 at 03:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal