Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:56 PM

12 posts, read 84,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Dont take it so seriously/personally lina_mae we've all had those topics that just didnt go the right way right from the start, this is one of them.
Best suggestion i can give is go to that place in the university that addresses students looking for apartments or room mates hook up with a room mate or another room, leave the place you are now residing.
You must be getting close to the end of your studies, will you be staying in Montreal?, .

I actually went today to the CSU hobo housing centre and they're helping me at the present moment. Right now, the Registrar office wants to suspend my fall graduation application till May 2014, and seeing that I already informed my out of province financial assistance that I'm graduating, I'm in now in a bigger mess.

With staying in Montreal, I won't be. Over the past four years, I've had a series of unfortunate events that ruined my love for Quebec. I used to love this province, (still do because of Quebec's rich history, food and language) but the treatment out here, with the racism, and it's really bad out here, I'm leaving.
I'm born out west, but now an Ontario resident. I grew up with racism, and was used to it, but not out here. It's triple racism. Not just language, but colour, and status, and now religious symbols. The public racial slurs, and my own landlady. Plus the police, they're a class act, literally. I’ve learned my lesson with calling them... Never again.
It’s sad because I’m leaving a lot of my friends out here, I just wished things were different.
Thanks for advice jambo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 PM

12 posts, read 84,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I didn't call you a liar, I said I didn't believe you, and here's why. You said the OLF fired you, and that's impossible. Pharmaprix fired you. Everything you said become suspect after that, including the false information you were giving to new people looking to move here on another thread.
I see a lot of subsequent histrionics and vicious name-calling from you after that. Perhaps you should read the rules here, as that kind of personal and inflammatory name-calling is not allowed. I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet.
(Oh, and now you can add "creep" to the very long list of personal invectives.)
You never quit do you?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lina_mae View Post
Thanks Jazz and aliss2,

I just paid my rent and now I'm calling the Regie tomorrow morning to see if there's anything to settle this. I'm crying right now because I know that they will start they noise again, and I haven't slept properly since they've moved in. I called the landlord on Saturday night, sunday morning about the noise, and I'm terrified of the landlord kicking me out because of the complaining.

I just wish this would end. I think if nothing can be done, I'm going to probably soundproof my place and buy better earplugs and just deal with it till the end of December. I'm leaving Quebec because of my bad experience.
Hi Lina-mae,
You wrote (I think??) that you had recordings of some of this noise; not sure if you've moved out, but even so, you can file a noise complaint at the Regie du Logement. You have a right to peaceable enjoyment, so keep these recordings (and make notes about sates/times of noise and the times you spoke to neighbours and the super) and eventually, after a $72 deposit and up to two years of a wait, you'll have your day in court. You can ask for a portion of rent for each month you did mot have peaceable enjoyment, plus damages for suffering. I'd even try for moving expenses, since you moved or will move to escape this situation.
Good luck, and I hope you're getting some sleep.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:31 AM

127 posts, read 269,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise-proofer View Post
Hi Lina-mae,
You wrote (I think??) that you had recordings of some of this noise; not sure if you've moved out, but even so, you can file a noise complaint at the Regie du Logement. You have a right to peaceable enjoyment, so keep these recordings (and make notes about sates/times of noise and the times you spoke to neighbours and the super) and eventually, after a $72 deposit and up to two years of a wait, you'll have your day in court. You can ask for a portion of rent for each month you did mot have peaceable enjoyment, plus damages for suffering. I'd even try for moving expenses, since you moved or will move to escape this situation.
Good luck, and I hope you're getting some sleep.
Noise-proofer?? did you creat a nickname juste to answer this post?
i have a guy in the building who sings loud while leaving his apartment till the exit door, i think he enjoys the eko.
i her case it's not even noise , it's harassment.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:38 PM

323 posts, read 1,390,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzz View Post
@weltschmerz
this is an online talk board , some say the truth some lie , there is no control on that.
the thing is if you think you can help do it , if you think that she is laying just let it go , your online agressivity should be under control. this is not a court of justice or a police interrogation so trying to prove that somebody is liar is just useless.
I agree totally! Glad someone noticed that too. Plus a woman with two kids on welfare is raking it in enough to be OK with some landlords.
They know they will get rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal