Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:55 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,537,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Hey, I've been known to use guys for their bodies!

I've had one-night stands turn into long-term relationships.
I don't consider sex as something sacred or holy, or something to withhold as leverage. If I like a man, I'll sleep with him.
I agree, but what I was trying to get at is it can have a different character or vibe depending on the dynamic. If the vibe is pushy or lacking in respect or in some other way exploitative this is what I meant, it's not always nice. But for the most part if it's just fun and casual and both partners are comfortable I think hooking up on the first date can be exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 AM

50 posts, read 106,956 times
Hey Guys,

My issue is I wanted to see him more and I don't think a man can still be interested in you with you are giving up the first night. May be the second night. Sex just for sex is not that meaningful.

I got a great chemistry with him and it is unfortunate to learn a man can not be interested in a woman because she does not want to give her cookie. What a shame! So I felt I was right to not do it.

Well, I have nothing against one night stands but I was not there for that.

Am I wrong to think like that?

Of course in Europe it is easy, still women do it when they know they will get some benefits, especially if you have money.

So what do you think?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,369,632 times
I think guys and women in Montreal are like people anywhere when it comes to the sex game, some go for it the first night others it could take years it all depends on the individual personality dynamics, i've been with dozens of women over my 65yrs some gave it up the first night others not for a week or two some others not for a month or two and a few where it never happened.
My wandering ways ended when i met My wife to be,she was a first nighter, we've now been happily married for 35 years , raised two perfect kids and couldnt imagine life without each other.
Good luck..

Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabethb04 View Post
Hey Guys,

My issue is I wanted to see him more and I don't think a man can still be interested in you with you are giving up the first night. May be the second night. Sex just for sex is not that meaningful.

I got a great chemistry with him and it is unfortunate to learn a man can not be interested in a woman because she does not want to give her cookie. What a shame! So I felt I was right to not do it.

Of course in Europe it is easy, still women do it when they know they will get some benefits, especially if you have money.

So what do you think?
So you think the second time you see him you will magically know him better than the first time you saw him so it will be okay to have meaningless sex with him?

Okay, well have fun, be careful, use protection and move on to the next second night guy.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 AM

Hey CSD610,

It was a joke for 'the second night' statement. No serious thinking there. I guess having sex the first night is not a big deal anymore as long as we are both into it. I need to make up my mind.

Jambo, great. I hope to find somebody like you. One night stands with protection then if there is a chemistry! lol

Old 06-22-2013, 12:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,341,503 times
Quote:
Hey Guys,

So what do you think?
What do I think? I think it's ridiculous to look downwards shyly, bat your eyes and dangle the promise of sex in front of the man like a carrot on a stick. I don't play games, and as long as everyone is on the same page, I see nothing wrong with it. If a one night stand makes you uncomfortable, then by all means, avoid it. It's not for everyone. Some of my longest and best relationships started as first nighters. I enjoy sex. I've had fun in other countries, knowing full well I'd never see that person again. It's all good as long as you protect yourself.
But again....if it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it and don't let anyone talk you into doing it.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:16 PM

Oh, and one more thing. If a man who sleeps around loses respect for me for doing the same thing, then good riddance. I don't need that kind of Neanderthal in my life.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:49 AM

Weltschmerz, apparently you get out there a lot. No judgement. I wish I were more like you, especially when you know you have a great chemistry with the person.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Weltschmerz, apparently you get out there a lot. No judgement. I wish I were more like you, especially when you know you have a great chemistry with the person.
No point in living with regrets. One of the best times of my entire life started as a one-nighter. I went on a moonlight wine and cheese cruise in the Bahamas. When I laid eyes on the captain, it was lust at first sight. I ended up living on that boat for about six months, just sailing the Bermuda Triangle, listening to jazz, making love and working with the Bahamas Air Sea Rescue Association. I had SO much fun!
Like all good things, it had to come to an end, but Damn! I had such a good time.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Thank God I had a very understanding head nurse who was able to wrangle me an extended leave of absence over the phone and with no notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal