Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,904 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am trying to track down and old friend of mine whom I have lost contact with over the past 4 years.

His name is Robert (Bob) Taylor a businessman who was living in the city when I last spoke to him. I have his old phone numbers (INCLUDING 231-6-819-149) and all are dead and he may therefore may have moved. He had a business address at TAYLOR & ASSOCIATES, 1701-3 Boulevard Graham, Ville Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada H3R 1G7, Tel450)699-3978/(514)343-4505/(514)-573-2161
back in 2004. Bob is originally from Barbados but has lived in Canada for may years. I mailed the Local Chamber of Commerce, but never received the courtesy of a reply.

Any help on trying to locate him appreciated.

Thanks

Joe
UK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,458,230 times
Here are a couple of possible ways to find him.

FaceBook. Or Linkedin, a professional directory, using his full name and his type of business.

Canada411, a internet directory, of phone numbers across Canada. BUT with such a common name, you may get dozens of names that are identical, or very close, along with phone numbers and locations where the person lives.

After all it covers all of this country. 34 million people live in Canada.

The Salvation Army has a locator service, try the UK headquarters.

What type of business was he in ? He may be working for someone else, but in the same field.

How about Professional organisations that he might belong to ?

Was he a University graduate? If so which one ? He may still belong to their Alumni Association.

Was he married, and did he have children ? Search for the wife, or the kids, using the above means, on the Internet.

Do a Google search for his name and last known address, it may show up as a part of a magazine subscription list. Remember that stuff that was posted on the web 20 years ago is still around........ somewhere.

How old is he ? Could he be dead ? Try looking at Canadian obituaries, on line. Starting with the Montreal newspapers, in English like the Montreal Gazette.

Take a look at the Bank Of Canada, dead bank accounts website, for his name. If he died and his estate missed one or more of his bank accounts.....after 10 years of in-activity, the BOC, holds the money, for a heir, to apply for it. Its free to read on line. Google search for the correct website.

OK that is the basic list that I use to find somebody. Usually I'm doing it for solicitors, who can't close out an estate, until they find each and every heir. I find people.

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:29 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,369,632 times
You could go to the "people search" section of the forum, i've seen them do amazing stuff over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal