Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,041 times

Advertisements

I am planning to marry with the girl who hold canadian passport but I am not Canadian. I am international student studying in Montreal in student visa. My concerns here
1) Can I do marriage in Montreal?
3) Is there any specific rule to marry canadian and non-canadian?
3) Where should I go to do marriage? Is there any organization?
4) Can she sponsor me for getting Canadian citizen after marriage?
5) How long it will take to get canadian citizen after marrying with her?

I appreciate your help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 05:15 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada2012 View Post
I am planning to marry with the girl who hold canadian passport but I am not Canadian. I am international student studying in Montreal in student visa. My concerns here
1) Can I do marriage in Montreal?
3) Is there any specific rule to marry canadian and non-canadian?
3) Where should I go to do marriage? Is there any organization?
4) Can she sponsor me for getting Canadian citizen after marriage?

I appreciate your help. Thanks
1) Yes.
2) The rules are no different than they would be for two Canadian citizens to be married. Anyone is free to marry whomever they wish in Quebec without restriction as long as the people are of the age of consent (and have parental permission if they are less than 18) and not already married. The rules governing Quebec marriage and how to do it are here, you should read them.

Marriage

3) A house of worship of your religion or at city hall for a non-religious ceremony. They'll give you more information there.

4) Yes she can.

5) I'll get back to you on this very soon, but it shouldn't be too long (that's just a guess though).

Last edited by BIMBAM; 01-01-2012 at 05:58 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,864,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada2012 View Post
Marriage to a Canadian citizen

Not sure if the Fed has finalized the plan yet. But from the news release, they (Ottawa) will be watching very closely during the conditional period ("n years").

You're better off, to study hard / find employment and then apply through the "skilled" category of Federal or Provincial program.

Quote:
OTTAWA — The government is set to change the regulations for immigrants marrying a Canadian in an effort to crack down on marriages of convenience.Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said Wednesday the plan includes a conditional period to ensure marriages are real to prevent citizenships being handed out fraudulently.

Government plans crackdown on marriages of convenience

Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 9,060 times
check out amouretmariage.com

they speak english

Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,590 times
Thaïs organisation Will be very helpful mariagesabrasouverts.com they are a nice team of bilingual wedding célébrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal