Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 PM

7 posts, read 36,781 times

Advertisements

I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere... I am new.. and still getting use to it. It sure is a beautiful and peaceful place, much different from Jacksonville, Fl.... I dont know if anyone will respond but its worth a try.. I am looking for an affordable washer/dryer. My family and I are new and just starting out and is having a hard time with most stores far away and we really can't buy new stuff right now.... If anyone in the area of Sunburst who has an old set they want to sell or get rid of please let me know. We had to sell most of everything before we got here becuase it wasnt worth the cost of moving it here.( incase anyone is wondering why we didnt bring a set with us) ok thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 AM

922 posts, read 1,910,263 times
not everything is just 15minutes away. In MT you might have to travel alittle. great falls is not that far away. (115 miles)check there. there is a washer/dryer on craigslist for 250. it was listed yesterday. 5yrs old. its in GF.

Last edited by mark6052; 03-10-2009 at 02:32 AM..

Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,687,081 times
Maybe the moderator could move you over to the Montana forum for more local results?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM

thank u

Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,305,147 times
I like the mountain trader. Mountain Trader - Serving Northwest Montana Since 1972

You can always find what you are looking for and your in the vicinity of those that use it...

Welcome to nowhere... Isn't it great ?

By the way, how's the weather over there today ?! Little different than FL yes ???? By about 80 degrees cooler or so today ...

Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM

lol funny guy....

thanks for the advice

Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley's Mommy View Post
lol funny guy....

thanks for the advice
Ya... that's what cabin fever does to you... Oh don't worry, you'll get funny too

We were up N of Harlem about a month ago for a late season damage control deer hunt. 400+ head of deer just ravaging sunflower fields. Just off the Canadian border like you. I tell you what, when you say the middle of nowhere... you ain't kidding ! That whole stretch across MT off the boarder is just that. Whole lot of nothing !

We talked to a few of the farmers, about every 4 - 5 miles you would run into one... maybe. I just couldn't live like that. Many of them stay all year all holed up for months on end with no contact with anyone ! It was like finding some long lost friend when talking to a few of them. I almost asked the one guy "when was the last time you saw a human ?" He wouldn't let me leave...

All nice people up there though living in a whole lot of nothing ! Kudos to all of them...

Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,177,287 times
Try Freecycle -- sign up for any lists that seem reasonable for your driving distance (tho there will be a lot of the same people on all of them). -- people give away the most amazing things. I got my tenant a nice reasonably new fullsized fridge. Someone gave me a 3000BTU heat pump because it was too small for their house. (Now if only I could figure out how to hook it up.) Washers and dryers are common freecycle fodder.

There's one person on our local Freecycle list who apparently scours the countryside looking for usable castoffs, then offers then on Freecycle as a hobby.

I would be very careful with Craigslist... if the listing isn't someone you can go check out personally (and for ghu's sakes DON'T invite a respondant to your home) -- DON'T DO IT. Craigslist has about the highest percentage of scammers of any free ad listing I've seen. Kijiji seems so far to be a lot "cleaner".

Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Someone gave me a 3000BTU heat pump because it was too small for their house. (Now if only I could figure out how to hook it up.)
That reminds me of a story from a long time ago. A co worker was in need of some "special" kind of pipe. One day we ran across a guy that had just that and he gave it to my buddy for free minus the fittings that are supposed to come with it.

After he loaded it all up, got it to his house, unloaded it, stored it for a while, it finally came time to use it. He needed to purchase the fittings, which he knew he had to do. He went to the manufacturer to pick some up, the sales guy asked him when he wanted the pipe delivered that comes with the fittings .

I never laughed so hard in my life . The look on his face was priceless !

Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 AM

305 posts, read 870,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
That reminds me of a story from a long time ago. A co worker was in need of some "special" kind of pipe.

sales guy asked him when he wanted the pipe delivered that comes with the fittings .

I never laughed so hard in my life . The look on his face was priceless !
Great story and good laugh!! Thought for a minute there you were going somewhere else with the "special" pipe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana