Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,871 times

Advertisements

I, a native Texan, have become very disgusted with the way things are going here. If you are not an illegal alien, or at least hispanic, you can't get a job. I seldom get to hear the English language spoken for more than a few minutes a day. How is it in Montana? A freind and I are thinking of moving up there soon. Does one have to be bi-lingual to get a job and a place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 PM

189 posts, read 801,295 times
If you want to live someplace where English is still the primary language, then MT is the place for you! No big immigration problem here (yet), but the cold weather in the winter might keep it that way.
What type of work are you looking for?

Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,656,602 times
I can sympathize with the language problem. There's a number of jobs at my company before I retired that required you to be bilingual if you dealt with the public so of course only hispanic people who've learned english get these jobs. I find that very unfair. Montana isn't like that at all but depending on what you do for a living jobs can be difficult to find. It's worth checking out but that's going to be your biggest obstacle.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM

3 posts, read 7,871 times
I do mostly office/administrative work, with some accounting. My friend and I are looking at the Billings area. What do you think the chances are that we could find employment? She does basically the same that I do, except that she is also an excellent nail tech, and has extensive salon experience.

Down here the hispanics and asians have taken over these jobs. They will work for much less than we can afford to, because our standards of living are much higher.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:48 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,656,602 times
At least those occupations are found most everywhere so I suppose employment is a possibility. I don't think the overall employment situation is all that great overall though so the few jobs that are available may be very competitive. The bigger towns will be the most likely places of employment, especially the towns that are growing in western Montana like Bozeman and Missoula. Since administrative and accounting skills can be used in a variety of industries you may be able to find work. Good luck.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 PM

189 posts, read 801,295 times
The best way to get a feel for the job markets in specific cities is to start looking at newspaper online classifieds.
The State often has accounting positions available in Helena and other major cities as well. First five current listings in fact!

http://jsdora.dli.state.mt.us/pls/mjs/MJS0100W$JORD4.ActionQuery

Old 03-17-2007, 08:37 PM

17 posts, read 83,352 times
Smile employment

Hi, I have been looking for work using mt.gov. You can set up a work search. It is awesome!!

God Bless

Wannabe

Old 03-18-2007, 12:23 AM

373 posts, read 1,856,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemt View Post
Hi, I have been looking for work using mt.gov. You can set up a work search. It is awesome!!

God Bless

Wannabe
The website is jobs.mt.gov (no www) if anyone is interested in learning where all the Job Service listings are. Most professional employers post with Job Service.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,493 times
Default dmv clerk or file admistr at hopstal clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthawki View Post
If you want to live someplace where English is still the primary language, then MT is the place for you! No big immigration problem here (yet), but the cold weather in the winter might keep it that way.
What type of work are you looking for?
looking for file clerk at hosptal or dmv clerk

Old 03-18-2007, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,493 times
thanks for tip
this is my first time searching on line
im trying to find job near missoula montana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana