Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:56 AM

483 posts, read 2,095,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRead View Post
I wish we would just have a mass extintion of the human race with a few of us left over ......
Be patient - it's only a matter of time.
Either the bird flu mutates, some 3rd world dictator pushes the atomic button, or the drought reduces the food supply to the point where people starve everywhere, not just in Africa.
Really. Man's activities have made any of the above a real strong possibility, whereas with fewer people, none would be much of a threat.
If you're looking for dramatic, there's always the chance a wandering asteroid will drop by.
Look! Fireworks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 12:08 PM

495 posts, read 494,312 times
OK, OK, it's time to step back, Who ever said, er why do we all just assume that being 'mad' is a bad thing ?
I'll bet you got mad that last time that bully at school hit your kid...
I'll bet you get mad when you read about another senseless murder or rape in the news paper.
I'll bet you'd get really mad to find out the contractor building your house ripped you off and left town.....
There are lots of reasons to get 'mad' - you can be made for the right reason or the wrong reason, Just like you can 'laugh' for the right reason or the wrong reason........
And I'll bet you'd get really made if you neighbor just threw a pile of trash in your yard. Or to put it in more context of this thread - someone build a shopping mall in your favorite place to hike and then put 20,000 cars of traffic on the road to your house. You know you'd all be 'mad' even you pro-growthies, just don't do it your neighborhood - right !
Nah, a lot of people in Montana got a right to be ticked-off, and for GOOD reason.
And I know what some of you are thinking right now - JoeJoe is really bitter and mad now - sorry to say I ain't neither. And if I was, it'd be for good reason, actually now that I completly avoid Reserve St, I don't get near as pissed anymore - geez it seems like everybody on that street is ticked off and mad at something - you'd think they'd be happy after buying all the junk at Wally-World...go figure.....

PS: Reserve St. is what use to be a nice quite street in Missoula, now it's a disaster of malls and traffic, a symbol of growth run amuck - beautifull peacefull pastures and such, turned into one giant mess faster than one could say - "Super-Size my Big Mac", basically all for one simple purpose - to satisfy the desire for cheap junk, bad food, and shody over-priced housing developments.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,049,999 times
Quite true JoeJoe!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:23 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,364,330 times
JoeJoe, you say what most others in Montana feel, and I think the public needs to know how Montanans feel about the over building in Montana, etc. I don't think you are bitter. I was just making a joke back there about people should know how you feel in the first post, but sometimes, and this is one of those, it takes many, many more posts. And I used the word "mad" because that was the title of the thread.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:54 PM

69 posts, read 223,631 times
I think a bunch of chimpanzees designed the Roads in Missoula.
Malfunction junction worked better before its Re-Design,
and Reserve street at Mullen Rd is a disaster.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:03 PM

24 posts, read 44,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
OK, OK, it's time to step back, Who ever said, er why do we all just assume that being 'mad' is a bad thing ?
I'll bet you got mad that last time that bully at school hit your kid...
I'll bet you get mad when you read about another senseless murder or rape in the news paper.
I'll bet you'd get really mad to find out the contractor building your house ripped you off and left town.....
There are lots of reasons to get 'mad' - you can be made for the right reason or the wrong reason, Just like you can 'laugh' for the right reason or the wrong reason........
And I'll bet you'd get really made if you neighbor just threw a pile of trash in your yard. Or to put it in more context of this thread - someone build a shopping mall in your favorite place to hike and then put 20,000 cars of traffic on the road to your house. You know you'd all be 'mad' even you pro-growthies, just don't do it your neighborhood - right !
Nah, a lot of people in Montana got a right to be ticked-off, and for GOOD reason.
And I know what some of you are thinking right now - JoeJoe is really bitter and mad now - sorry to say I ain't neither. And if I was, it'd be for good reason, actually now that I completly avoid Reserve St, I don't get near as pissed anymore - geez it seems like everybody on that street is ticked off and mad at something - you'd think they'd be happy after buying all the junk at Wally-World...go figure.....

PS: Reserve St. is what use to be a nice quite street in Missoula, now it's a disaster of malls and traffic, a symbol of growth run amuck - beautifull peacefull pastures and such, turned into one giant mess faster than one could say - "Super-Size my Big Mac", basically all for one simple purpose - to satisfy the desire for cheap junk, bad food, and shody over-priced housing developments.

Joe,
I've been reading through this thread and have been pretty interested about some things you've written. First, I understand your point of view. You don't want Montana to change, you don't want over population and over building of your city. You don't want Californians moving there and trying to make it California. That's completely understandable, even though a majority of Californians move away from here because they hate it too. But be mad all you want, change will happen. I remember my home town of Union City,CA being a wonderful place to grow up. It was safe and I wouldn't trade growing up there for anything. Now, you couldn't give me a house there, the place is a crap hole. I moved out to the Central Valley about 4 years ago and it was wonderful when I first moved here. Now it's over run with gangs and illegal immigrants. So once again, I will go elsewhere for a better way of life. But the one thing you said that really bothered me was " I don't really care how bad it is in your state". So you think I should stay where I am and raise my family in a place that is unsafe and filled with immigrants who hate white people cause you don't want any more people living in Montana? I'm sorry but that gives me the attitude of not caring that you don't want me there. I have every right to find the best place to live for myself and my family. You may have the right as a Montanan to not like what's going on, but I still have the God given right as an American to move where ever the hell I want. Whether it's Montana, Idaho or Colorado I will be finding a better way of life, and I would never get mad at someone else for trying to do the same thing. If your situation was unsafe I wouldn't tell you that I don't care how bad your situation is, don't move near me, cause to me that's a pretty selfish attitude. The place you loved and knew growing up is gone for everyone, not just you. All we can do is make changes and adjustments to adapt the best we can.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:51 PM

5 posts, read 14,882 times
Thank you Paasche for saying what I have wanted to say all along. I feel for the Montanans that are dealing with the increasing population and the growing pains. But they don't have the right to seal their borders. We moved here from CA to escape the influx there of illegal immigrants and everyone else who "loves the weather". CA used to be a nice place, but not anymore. We didn't come here to ruin the state. We have done our best to fit-in and go with the flow. We love it here. It has afforded me the ability to stay at home with our kids, something I could NEVER have done in CA whilst owning a home. I just hope the native Montanans realize we are looking out for our families and not on a mission to turn this place into a state I couldn't wait to get away from.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,364,330 times
Great posts Paas and Rainy,

I moved to Ok to get away from CA, San Diego Co, and anywhere as a matter of fact. I still think that San Luis Obispo CO is wonderful as is way up in Northern CA, but who can afford it? I learned coming to OK that they don't care for Californians either, but there are many friendly people in OK, and so it hasn't been bad at all; in fact I love it here. Of course wages are bad if you can even find a job, but my husband and I are retired.

No one should have to live in crime ridden areas that are also congested. The U.S. should do something about crime, etc. but then this isn't the Political section of City-Data.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:17 PM

495 posts, read 494,312 times
Paasche209, RainyDayGiro - OK - Time to set the records straight, first off the word 'right' is used in every other conversation I hear these days, seems to be one of those trendy words of late............OF COURSE I don't have to right to stop anyone from moving to Montana, the whole notion that I or anyone would/could have the 'right' to stop anyone fron doing so, is well, well, just a silly notion. So tell me even if I did have the 'right' how would I go about doing it.........let me guess - I'd call up the National Guard and say..............."ah hey this is me JoeJoe, and I want you to move the Guard to the Mt border and stop 'dem folks from coming here, 'cause you see it's my right, to say who can move here"....
Seriously though, I do have the right, as in freedom of speech, to speak my mind, (with certain reservations), and my mind is saying that, Montana is now incuring the same problem that has plagued other states in the not so distant past, and I'm standing up and saying it, perhaps, just perhaps if enough people had had the same state of mind in, say Calif. years ago, Calif wouldn't be the mess it is today. Why did it happen in Calif ? Well it didn't have anything to do with the honey bees, or the rocks, it had to do with the People, People created the situation, and others let, and watched it happen, and those that watched it happened were probably saying to themselves..."I'm getting outta' here someday - but now I'm gonna make as much $$$ as fast as I can while I'm here" - collectively as a state the people of that state are to blame for what happened. And now they are looking for greener pastures, ie. Montana....And say, I got nothing against people trying to make a better place for themselves in life, if they don't mind me trying to make a better place for myself and my children - and that is exactly what I'm doing when I say - "enough is enough already in Montana".
Ironically I would like to see the preservation of the land and the way of life that people want and move here for. Yet I receive disparaging remarks from those wanting to move here....when I trying to preserve what they want.
I'm not running away for greener pastures, I'll stay here and speak my mind, perhaps if enough montanans join together a collective conscience will arise and Montana be prevented from turning into another Calif, or at least slow the process to a crawl.
So if I said that Califs (or others) should stay where they are an fix their problems, problems that they brought upon themselves, collectively as a sate, that's my thought process.
And to address someone else about 'change' is inevitable and that I should except it............well, it's also inevitable that with all the people moving here that MT is turning in Calif, so why bother coming, with that in mind, it's also inevitable that people like myself with see and recognize that and stand up and say something about it, so it's inevitable - learn to accept it, call it change, a change in attitude of people like myself.
Beside I never said I could or would really blame anyone for want to get out of a bad place for a better life, my position is - why come to western MT though - when it is already experiencing the problems you want to get away from - do yourself and MT a favor, just find another area that is more to your liking, you'll be happier and so will we, and we'll all live a lot better. Contrary to popular beleif MT is not the ONLY "Last Best Place", in fact far from it, if anything it is rapidly becoming the "First Worst Place" (check out the traffic in the Bitterroot valley)......there are lots of beautiful places outside of MT, lots of nice little Mayberry towns, find them, chances are they'll love to have people like you move in, just pick a place that isn't already being flooded with new comers and you'll really be appreciated even more and welcome, not to mention realestate will probably be a fraction of what it has become in MT..........and good luck to you.
Hopefully this national fasination with moving to montana will wear off for the betterment of all.

Last edited by JoeJoeMan; 10-23-2007 at 02:26 PM..

Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,711,649 times
MT population density: 6.19/sq mile
CA population density: 217.2/sq mile

I think MT is safe from becoming CA for quite awhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana