Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 03:25 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
That's actually Holland Lake .... the owner sold out to a big player out of Utah called "POWDR" and they swear up and down that their huge expansion plans won't include skiing nor will there be a huge impact on the area HUGE public outcry and opposition building among the locals.

Last night at dinner with friends we were talking about this, and also learned that there's a big money operation with plans to acquire and expand the Turner Mtn ski hill near Libby. Again, it's pure greed ... not about skiing at all, it's about real estate to feed their egos and greed.

Despite a looming recession/depression, the big money always manages to push forward no matter what - that's what we call the 'wealth transfer' effect ... the rich get more while fleecing the lower/middle class.

Stick a fork in Western MT ... it's done.
Thank you, You're right that is Holland Lake. Areas like that should in my opinion be left alone for everyone to enjoy. It's approached as beautiful wilderness, so lets bulldoze it, make it accessible so more can enjoy.

Then build bike paths, scenic overlooks, walking paths with tables, BBQs and trash cans. Don't forget the restaurants, snack and souvenir shops.. oh almost forgot the coffee shack, got to have at least 2 of those.

Then when it looks nothing like the Beautiful wilderness it once was they move on to the next, leaving that area never to be natural again.

Do you know if they've started that project ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 06:08 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnosticSkullBasher View Post
If you move here from out of state you will need to change your phone number. You will have a hard time getting call backs, otherwise. Get the license plates right away. Expect to not be invited to anything for some time by the locals if you tell them you moved from somewhere else.

There's a lot of pride here. However, despite the pride, there's not a lot of brains. The liberals are taking over in a covert way and the conservative locals don't have a clue as to what's happening. Probably because they are too complacent and comfortable and can't think outside the box. The threat is not the out-of-staters or those with money. It's the NGOs that are financing UN Agenda 21-associated programs and projects, which are communist in nature. Most people here have no clue what that is, or what to look for.
Thanks for the laugh this morning. Now what in the hell are you doing on the internet? Log off, put your tinfoil hat back on and go hide in your cabin in the woods. The liberal, pinko, communist, leftist gubmint will find you.

Old 11-07-2022, 08:33 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,782 times
27.7. By 1995, a mutually productive dialogue should be established at the national level between all Governments and non-governmental organizations and their self-organized networks to recognize and strengthen their respective roles in implementing environmentally sound and sustainable development.

uh oh....

Old 04-06-2023, 02:42 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,730,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Great Falls here too

Migrated to Great Falls in '89 from Missoula ... I thought Missoula was pretty bad even back then.
If Great Falls ever chases itself down the Rabbit hole like the Flathead, Missoula, and Bozeman have done, I may just move further east .. I used to consider White Sulphur Springs for my retirement, but for as fast as things are changing here, I may end up in Lewistown.

I've been over to western Washington ... and ... um ... no thanks

We're looking to exit Washington. This state is a husk of its former self, the last straw for me was being mandated to take the vaccine which almost killed me twice and may leave me permanently disabled. I promise though, we'll be bringing our truck and guns and just want an average home with some space to play and shoot stuff. A nearby restaurant with some steak/ribs/prime rib would be nice. I think we'll really be rejoining people who likely share our values/morals and leave this shortbus liberal nonsense behind.

Last edited by rkcarguy; 04-06-2023 at 02:56 PM..

Old 04-06-2023, 05:52 PM

137 posts, read 153,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
We're looking to exit Washington. This state is a husk of its former self, the last straw for me was being mandated to take the vaccine which almost killed me twice and may leave me permanently disabled. I promise though, we'll be bringing our truck and guns and just want an average home with some space to play and shoot stuff. A nearby restaurant with some steak/ribs/prime rib would be nice. I think we'll really be rejoining people who likely share our values/morals and leave this shortbus liberal nonsense behind.
That really depends. I am looking to leave Great Falls and its about the most red city in the state. Filled with meth, homeless, theft, etc. If you are retired I would buy out of town and come to the cities rarely.

Old 04-07-2023, 12:49 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,730,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
That really depends. I am looking to leave Great Falls and its about the most red city in the state. Filled with meth, homeless, theft, etc. If you are retired I would buy out of town and come to the cities rarely.
That was my thought, ideally be 10-15 minutes out of town and do a once weekly to a town/city for groceries and the mandatory steak dinner. I'd be a work from home(I estimate in construction) most likely due to disability(I walk with cane, have vertigo issues). Must haves would be hospital, gun store, hardware/lumber store, and a grocery store. I probably still have 15+ years to go before I can retire.
Thats too bad about the drugs and homeless issue there too, it's absolutely destroyed my hometown. Over 1,200 "unsheltered" homeless in a town less than 100K people, its plunged to a safety/crime rating of 4/100 in just a few years, chasing Detroit and Seattle into the gutter. Shootings, OD's, helicopters chasing criminals through backyards, big drug busts(and all are out on the street the next day).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana