Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:14 PM

107 posts, read 363,307 times

Advertisements

I am planning a trip to montana in august of 2008 for two weeks. I plan to fish at a lodge for 3days or so then rent a car and drive the rest of my time stoping from place to place. I am wanting to find the best places to visit from the far west of montana to the east southern portions.Mostly in the southwestern portion unless deemed I should travel elsewhere. I will be arriving in Bozeman. What are the top things to do and where should I eat and stay?? My activities that interest me wildlife,fishing,history,beauty,native american history,and relaxation..All replies I appreciate so much and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 PM

75 posts, read 523,110 times
I would start by asking for the fine tourist information that the state of Montana offers. Then, spend time on the net exploring the websites for those places and things that interest you. Before you leave on your trip, map out those places you will be visiting.

By the way, two weeks flys by in Montana. It's a BIG place.

Have fun.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:16 AM

83 posts, read 318,064 times
Since you will be landing in Bozeman, May I suggest a Visit to Yellowstone Nat'l Park? You can fish there, relax in hot springs close to Mammoth and see nature, grizzleys, elk, pronghorn, sheep, coyotes, wolves, bison and deer in their own natural habitat. We are just visitors to their home. Also it is just a short drive from Bozeman. Also let me suggest you rent a small 4wd suv. That way you are not limited in where you can go as alot of Montana is never seen because its off the beaten path on gravel roads. The Drive from Yellowstone Park to Red Lodge over the beautiful Beartooth Pass and Mountians is not to be missed! 11,000 feet elevation and steep switchbacks with views to die for will keep your camera wizzing. The annual Ironhorse rodeo is in Red Lodge in August. Great people great times with bikers and cowboys comingleing at the local watering holes with no problems. Custer's Last Stand and the Little Bighorn Battleground are just a couple of hours away. Now backtrack to Helena our Capitol and see our state policticals at work! Then head west young man with a vist to Flathead lake and Kalispell, with Glacier Park and the "Driving to the Sun road" just an hour away. From there southwest to Libby stopping at "Happys camp" on the way for a visit with the old timers of Montana and the way it was. The on to the North end of the Bitterroot valley around Thompson Falls and Wild Horse "Plains" Montana. Fishing the Clark fork is a treat to remember for life. Then on to Missoula where the "Quaint" shops and coffee houses of downtown have a personality of their own. "Think Seattle of the Rockys". South on Hwy 93 now toward Hamilton and Darby, Sula and the remains of the big fires of 2003. Stop at the Rocky Knob Resturant on Laird Creek south of Sula for a great Steak and beer!. Then east from Sula to Little hole National Battleground where the Nez Perce held off the U S Army in their run for freedom. Visit quiet little Wisdom for a look at small town Montana life. On to Dillion and then Butte. Back on I 90 now you are just an hours drive from Bozeman. I hope you enjoy our state and let us know how your trip was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana