Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 08:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
LOL!!
Love fruitcake! Especially with a little hot buttered rum to chase it down.

My aunt's plum pudding on the other hand.....
and there is one branch of the family that has to have Lutefisk on Christmas. That is one invitation I do my best to avoid!!!!

Still better than the wife's family tradition of oysters and chili. Never could stand oysters.
Hah! Lutefisk... Mine had the tradition of Pickled Herring and Borsht. Not in this mouth EVER again.
By the way, y'all need to keep your temps to yourselves, 33 degrees with a real feel of 31. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 09:27 AM

71 posts, read 72,690 times
BTW, I get eye infections also. Looks like pinkeye but it isn't, well, no one else gets it. Finally figured out I must have a blocked tear duct from time to time. Whenever I feel an infection coming on (dull pain behind the eye) first thing in the morning, I boil a pan of water and sit over it with a towel over my head. Seems to be working so far. Can head it off doing this or at least greatly reduce the time it takes to heal.

Dufus makes a killer fruitcake when he's in the mood. Lately, all the wise cracks about needing another doorstop have him thinking why bother. But some of us look forward to his "bricks". He usually starts baking in October and dousing with the first round of rum. Then another dose of rum every week until Christmas when they are passed out to relatives.

Youngest daughter recently shot two does for her new family's larder. That makes three for the year for them, the third being a buck taken by her FIL. They will be shipping us some jerky soon. Miss seeing her, she's like a Hollywood star, everything lightens up when she walks in the room.
I used to stand back and watch her clothes shopping when she was in high school. Other girls in the store would wistfully watch to see what she picked out. She was totally oblivious to them. She would pull something out, take a look then toss it back with an "Are you kidding, that's gross" look on her face. Something about her demeanor, I guess, that showed her self confidence and set the pace for everyone else. Of course, she had the guys all hanging on her every word. Kind of a wildcat there for awhile, glad she's calmed down a little. Ha! Ha!

Old 12-29-2014, 08:40 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Went to town today for my monthly grocery shopping. Packed snow and ice on I90. There were three wrecks in 12 miles. No ambulances so either they were already taken away, or not injured. Roads were just plain nasty. This was the first time I had been in a care with Blizacks. They are sweet. Could run 70, pass, and never broke traction.

At least now, I don't have to go to town for another month, unless they schedule a doctors appointment.

We got about 14 inches of snow on Christmas, and then it started snowing Sunday morning and its still snowing now.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:34 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
We run Blizzaks on our FWD sedans. They are better than my 4WD truck tires- I swear to it. Awesome snow tires!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Nippy -15 this morning with about a 10 mph wind.

Ahhhhh.... Springtime in the Rockies.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Nippy -15 this morning with about a 10 mph wind.

Ahhhhh.... Springtime in the Rockies.

It looked nice out, went out on the porch and it felt nice, so I come back in and layered up, and went out and plowed snow. Got cold cold quick so I come in to warm up and I checked the temp. It was -5°. That was in the middle if the afternoon.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
While we get nowhere near as cold as you we're still freezing down here. Possible snow tonight! I guess hell CAN freeze over as Vegas is supposed to get snow today.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
While we get nowhere near as cold as you we're still freezing down here. Possible snow tonight! I guess hell CAN freeze over as Vegas is supposed to get snow today.
Cold???? its relative. hahaha

This morning, while taking measurements for NOAA, it was 14 below zero. I actually put on a hoodie. Only had shorts on, but had to grab my hoodie. hahaha

Old 12-31-2014, 10:06 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
well glad we are down south in Kingman south of Vegas 80 miles, fairly warm & balmy 25 deg currently and been snowing for hours already.
Guess this is better than our place south of Anaconda they already have multi foot levels on the ground.
Snow level dropping to 2000 ft tonight so that could be interesting along the river valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Warmed up this morning. Truck said it was 1 degree, the various clock/thermometers along the street (which never agree anyway) said anywhere from 2 to 4 degrees, so if you average it out, say about 2 1/2 degrees this morning?

It was 16 below when I picked the wife up from her work last night, boy, that old wood fire sure felt good

Still, not too bad for the last day of December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana