Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 01:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Here's my great-nephew with his first in 2006 in the Big Timber area ...
(A roast was dry-iced and sent to me. Yum!)
Attachment 139801
His younger brother just got his first a few days ago.
I'm watching for the UPS truck
a that was a nice "First"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 09:26 PM

Should have plowed snow today. I changed out my street tires and rims and put my knobby tires and rims on Saturday. While doing so, I carried one rear rim and tire out, went back to the shed and got another rear tire. When I turned to go after the next rim and tire, as I turned I tripped over one on the ground and down I went. I was next to the 4 wheeler so I just crawled over and was going to grab onto it and get up. Couldn't. Not enough strength to pull myself and get up. Thankfully, my neighbor was outside and saw me go down. He come over and helped me get to my feet. I've got to get my Magnesium levels up. Last lab results showed that they have finally started to increase.. About 3 weeks ago, the doctor wanted to admit me to the hospital and plug in some IV'@s to get some Magnesium in me. All other lab results are in the normal range. Both my doctor at the VA, and my surgeon up in Billings are blaming the weakness. on my Magnesium levels.

Anyhow, instead if plowing snow,, I made blueberry muffins this morning. Then, after lunch and a nap, I made home made ketchup. ummmmmmm, its good. So are the muffins. haha

Old 11-25-2014, 10:20 PM

Good night to sign by the fire? Roads in every direction say, "Jo unnecessary travel". Was planning on getting grocery's tomorrow, but it doesn't look like an option, so I just put on a crock pot full of pinto beans. Refried beans for Thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times
Rained most of the day yesterday here, some sleet. It was just starting to stick last night when I went home and the plows were out grinding and throwing sparks.

This morning, about 4 inches on the ground, the plows haven't put their blade on the ground so it's slush ruts on the main roads, but the plows are out and towing the trailers of slime making the snow into brown sand you can't get any traction in.

If they would plow now instead, there wouldn't be a need to slime the streets.

Still snowing pretty good. I went to my parent's place last weekend and we had an early Thanksgiving. I plan to spend tomorrow in the forge trying to complete all the knife and survival kit orders for Christmas.

A Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to all on the Montana Boards

Old 11-26-2014, 11:02 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Happy Thanksgiving! We're having maple bourbon glazed duck and a small venison roast tomorrow. Enjoy all!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:43 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Good night to sign by the fire? Roads in every direction say, "Jo unnecessary travel". Was planning on getting grocery's tomorrow, but it doesn't look like an option, so I just put on a crock pot full of pinto beans. Refried beans for Thanksgiving.
.............Seems to me there was a fella on here very recently complainin' bout those wild turkeys stealing his chicken feed ................Oh well, probably one of those "eastern trans-plants", ya know the kind "use a gun?" ..

Have a nice Thanksgiving anyway, ya "ole squid" .....If you didn't live so far from town, you could drop into one of the local bars lookin' for a "Bun" and maybe give her a "13 Button Salute"

Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Y'all have a happy Thanksgiving and stay warm! Elk, you are hereby instructed NOT to leave the house unless accompanied by someone who can help you up.
We'll be thinking about y'all tomorrow as we sit here in our t-shrits and shorts by the pool (supposed to be 83 here in the Phoenix metro.
We (my family and I) really do miss Thanksgiving snow,cold and such as it makes it clear that Christmas is coming soon.
Fat chance of that here...

Old 11-27-2014, 10:52 AM

71 posts, read 72,718 times
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Everyone but Dufus, that is.

Yesterday I made my pies, yes, all that hard work making pie dough and rolling it out. Start to prepare the filling for Toll House pie and the chocolate chips are gone. Just gone. Checked everywhere I could think of, pantry three times, fridge, freezer. Ruined my pie. Couldn't think what else to use so I threw in a handful of Craisins.

Turns out he bogarted them and hid them in the cupboard with the lightbulbs. So angry. If he comes by here looking in the oven at the turkey I'm going to get him with the broom. Don't worry about Dufus's broken ribs, I'll make sure to hit him below the belt!

Old 11-27-2014, 12:14 PM

415 posts, read 560,440 times
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends. You're probably aware that we Canucks jump the gun by aboot six or seven weeks by celebrating Thanksgiving in October. I remember when we lived in Great Falls (my Dad was stationed at Malmstrom AFB as part of NORAD) that our neighbours would have us over for turkey dinner on the Canadian Thanksgiving, and we would have them over for the U.S. Thanksgiving.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:23 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,661,333 times
I think having both would be a grand idea--I really need a long weekend in October!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you rugged individualists on this forum! MB Lady, at least Dufus didn't eat all the chocolate chips. That would make me get the broom out...

We'll see if our new dog likes turkey. I'lll bet she does...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana