Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 AM

8,093 posts, read 15,177,287 times

Advertisements

I think it probably changes the cooking characteristics. Might be why I can get away with microwaving 'em and not turn 'em to leather. Try cooking at higher heat, maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,949,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
There's just something about those water-pumped chickens that I really don't like (aside from the concept and the price); biting into them feels different, sort of plasticky. Not that I eat huge amounts of plastic, but...
Many folks inject a marinade into the chicken meat to make the chicken juicier and to keep it from drying out while cooking. Some chicken producers pump up the bird with water for the same reason.
These chickens come out really good if you cook them on a grill or a slow smoker (a real BBQ).
If you fry or bake these wet chickens they don't seem to come out very good it seems.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:45 AM

19,825 posts, read 22,721,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
There's just something about those water-pumped chickens that I really don't like (aside from the concept and the price); biting into them feels different, sort of plasticky. Not that I eat huge amounts of plastic, but...
Lack of taste is a big one. Get a fresh chicken and then a water-pumped beast. Two totally different tastes..

Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM

Angry Why do I read the news ?

Sometimes when I read the news my blood pressure goes up ! This was a doozie, someone has some splainin to do ???
An article in the Missoulian said that a resident/patient at the Columbia Falls Veterans home wandered away and at some point was tazed by the Columbia Falls police. He fell and hit his head and subsequently died as a result of the fall it is presumed (perhaps bleeding in the brain from the fall).
Anyway the freaking veterans home told the relatives that the reason their loved one fell was that he was running and tripped and it was two days later that they found out that it was being tazed by the police that caused him to fall.
This is freaking shameful.
I'm wondering if the sequestration caused layoffs at this facility or what but I think someone has some "splainin to do"
If the Columbia Falls police are such wimps that they can't restrain an old codger with alzheimer's without using a tazer they need a bit of proper police re-training, (in my not so humble opinion).

What is also shameful is that elderly care facilities regularly lose track of the folks they are paid to take care of. My wife took care of her dad until he passed and I took care of my dear old mum until she had to go to a hospital where she passed after two weeks there of liver cancer. Now I just found out that one of my uncles is dying of cancer and he wants to give me and my sisters an unknown amount of money before he dies. We most likely won't be in the will but he wanted to give us something. He holds hundreds of patents from his many inventions.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Sometimes when I read the news my blood pressure goes up ! This was a doozie, someone has some splainin to do ???
An article in the Missoulian said that a resident/patient at the Columbia Falls Veterans home wandered away and at some point was tazed by the Columbia Falls police. He fell and hit his head and subsequently died as a result of the fall it is presumed (perhaps bleeding in the brain from the fall).
Anyway the freaking veterans home told the relatives that the reason their loved one fell was that he was running and tripped and it was two days later that they found out that it was being tazed by the police that caused him to fall.
This is freaking shameful.
I'm wondering if the sequestration caused layoffs at this facility or what but I think someone has some "splainin to do"
If the Columbia Falls police are such wimps that they can't restrain an old codger with alzheimer's without using a tazer they need a bit of proper police re-training, (in my not so humble opinion).

What is also shameful is that elderly care facilities regularly lose track of the folks they are paid to take care of. My wife took care of her dad until he passed and I took care of my dear old mum until she had to go to a hospital where she passed after two weeks there of liver cancer. Now I just found out that one of my uncles is dying of cancer and he wants to give me and my sisters an unknown amount of money before he dies. We most likely won't be in the will but he wanted to give us something. He holds hundreds of patents from his many inventions.
The sequestration had nothing to do with it. The sequester doesn't go into effect until the end of September of this year and then only holds programs at current levels and allows no expansion of money's. This 77 year old vet died last year from his fall. Seem's his Granddaughter has filed suit against both the care facility and the police department. Whether she winds or looses, he's gone. But I hope she wins just to show the police department that their weapons are a last resort, not a first response. Here's the article:

77-year-old dies after wandering from Montana Veterans Home, being Tased

Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM

"NOW" you can tell it's spring. Going to the sun is being plowed.

2013 Spring Plowing Photos - a set on Flickr

Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
"NOW" you can tell it's spring. Going to the sun is being plowed.

2013 Spring Plowing Photos - a set on Flickr
Yes and the flowers in our neck of the woods are popping up all over.
I took this picture in Polson yesterday.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,392,821 times
I would not be so quick to blame the staff at the veterans home. We don't know the whole story. Having worked with patients with dementia, it would surprise you to know that they are often lucid, and the veteran may have plotted an "escape".

That being said, often tragedies are a method of analysis and improvement. I have no doubt the facility is doing a review of the situation. And the veterans home will be better than ever.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I would not be so quick to blame the staff at the veterans home. We don't know the whole story. Having worked with patients with dementia, it would surprise you to know that they are often lucid, and the veteran may have plotted an "escape".

I never heard of the incident until I read the article about the lawsuits in the Missoulian today (online)and I think I remember the story saying about the patient being a cantankerous one who acts out quite a bit.
My mother was the head nurse on night shift at a private nursing home for many years and she had a few wacky tales of "difficult" patients.

She sure collected a lot of Asian food recipes from the other staff members she worked with that were good but working at those types of facilities is a thankless job.
I should feel lucky, I never had to work at one of those places or flip burgers either !

Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM

Grand kids come out and they steal grandpa's duck eggs. They think it's the neatest thing to eat duck eggs instead of chicken eggs. So now I have them fooled. Instead of keeping the duck eggs separate where they'll find them, I mixed them in with the chicken eggs. Now they'll never find them.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana