Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Been there, done that.. Probably doing it tonight, lol.
I always love how in the movies they have whiskey available for wound cleaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
I always love how in the movies they have whiskey available for wound cleaning.
If you read old westerns or even in the movies they claimed they put all kinds of things in their homemade hooch, like they'd shave a plug of tobacco to give it color, or use alkali water for taste, etc... And like you say, they could live 100 miles from the nearest trading post but they still had a bottle of whiskey standing by.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 AM

EH, I grew up in the south so I understand Hooch...
Hey, still winter over here with more snow a coming.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
EH, I grew up in the south so I understand Hooch...
Hey, still winter over here with more snow a coming.
It rained here during the night. .17 inches. This morning when I went out to check gauges, it turned from rain to snow. Now it's snowing hard. When I went to bed at midnight, the temp was still 55 degrees. Now it's 34.

I have to run to town today because the pharmacist is an idiot. On 6 March I was given a new type of insulin. 1000 unit bottle. I take 70 units every night at bedtime. Any 3rd grader could tell you that that bottle only holds 14 days of insulin. When I called in for refill on Friday, the recording said, "That prescription is suspended until 26 March and will be mailed out on that date." Huh? I have a 14 day supply and they are going to mail out the next bottle 20 days after the first bottle??????? What should I do with the 6-8 days of no insulin? hahahaha I'm dealing with one of them thar rocket scientists.

Going to stop at K-Mart and pick up a cheap calculater and give to the pharmacist and let him do the math.

Another wasted trip to town.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,003,307 times
Spring snow overnight, and now the view out the window looks normal for Bozeman.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit on the Porch II-spring-bozeman-2012.jpg  

Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 PM

225 posts, read 304,261 times
Was a little warmer and pretty day here today in Libby. I raked up the back yard and all the doggie presents (LOL) and bagged them. I save the dog food bags and use them for yard trash bags. Filled up 2 of those bags. Poor Bruno saw me with the bag and was so happy because he thought he was getting fed again. Well, when I unfolded the bag and started filling it with pooh... he looked at the bag then looked at me as if to say... I aint eating THAT Sh@#! lol
Vaccumed, washed dishes, cleaned out woodstove and restarted a fire, cooked and washed dishes again... same old stuff just a different day.
Got some sort of good news. Mom qualifies for 7.5 hours of home health care and I signed up with the health care agency today.. just have to finish a few more papers and I will be getting paid for helping her. It wont be much.. probably about 45 or 50 dollars a week after taxes but a little is better than nothing.
My leg is healing up good. No redness or swelling at all today.
Hope everyone had a good day.

EH... sometimes I wonder where some of these so called doctors and pharmacists get their degrees from. I only have a high school education and I can read, write, and spell better than some of the so called nurses... (and a few doctors I know). Amazes me how they even got a license!
Good luck with getting your meds straightened out.

PS: 20:47 here and we got snow flurries.

Last edited by MaBonnema; 03-19-2012 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: added comment

Old 03-20-2012, 07:02 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
The cat is absolutely riveted to the window when deer are outside. He is not sure what that creature is, but he is fascinated. He watched a deer last night in the yard for about 20 minutes. Nice how it stays light for so long now. I should go skiing this weekend.

EH, see if you can get the Novolog pen. Good luck on the math.

Last edited by jasper12; 03-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The cat is absolutely riveted to the window when deer are outside. He is not sure what that creature is, but he is fascinated. He watched a deer last night in the yard for about 20 minutes. Nice how it stays light for so long now. I should go skiing this weekend.

EH, see if you can get the Novolog pen. Good luck on the math.
I take two insulins. The Novolog is was not the problem. With the way things worked, the pharmacist would have given me one pen and said, "That pen will last for 6 years". hahahaha

I got it straightened out yesterday. I drove into town and had a face to face with the pharmacist and explained that one vial of Lantus lasts 14 days, not 30 days. Just read the label that YOU put on and do the math. He said "I don't understand how that happened." He then gave me two more vials.

As far as using "the pen", not going to happen anytime soon. I go through the VA and we don't get to choose, we have to use what they give us and what is available through GSA. Years ago, my daughter was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosiis. At the time, GSA didn't have her medicine in their inventory. I was in the Navy and all medical was supposed to be covered and we were using the Navy Hospital. We were told, "If you want the proper medicines for your daughter, your going to have to buy them out in town." I raised hell with them and it still took almost 4 months for them to send out a request and then analyze bids and then finally accept a bid and get her meds in the inventory. So for 4 months, I paid almost $1,000. a month for medications out in town. No, I was never reimbursed. Later, her Navy Doctor said that she needed a new type of inhaler, but wasn't carried in Navy inventory. I walked straight out of that office and went to the Commanding Officers office, knocked and went in. I explained to him what was going on. Not sure how he did it, but her meds were purchased out in town, by the command, until it was carried in Navy inventory. Remember that the next time somebody tries to tell you that the Veterans Administration is doing well and is good medical coverage. The care in the VA is outstanding and I trust it more than I do the local Hospital, however, the administration of the Government is seriously lacking.

Another absolutely beautiful day today. Went out to check my gauges so I could make my report to NOAA and I didn't want to come back in. It's chilly at 22 degrees, but if you are in the sunlight, it's very comfortable. Get in the shade and it's chilly. haha

Sat on the porch this morning drinking coffee. Had 3 neighbor dogs come over and come up on the porch and sit down. One at a time. Each one would sit for about 5 minutes while I pet them and then take off. Few minutes later, here come another one. At the time, my dog Timber was out visiting their house.

Coffee's on.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Now, THIS is an OBITUARY!!! "Montana's Last "Madam", Brothel Owner Dies at 94"
News from The Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MT_OBIT_LAST_BUTTE_MADAM_MTOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)

She was a brothel owner, went to prison for tax evasion, got off on shooting her husband! Wow! My life is snoresville, compared to this woman.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM

the best line, "chippies who do it for a burger and a beer",,,sorry I cannot rep you

EH, keep them there dang pharmacist in line! What is wrong with them?
CF is a tough disease, sorry on that one.
Well rain and snow...at least it is not really cold. Drinking some tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana