Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 07:22 PM

864 posts, read 587,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I tried finding it on a map but couldn't. Will this be a brand new subdivision?
You can’t find it cause it doesn’t exist yet, yes it will a new subdivision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 09:00 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
You can’t find it cause it doesn’t exist yet, yes it will a new subdivision
Hopefully it's not D.R Horton ! I wish Trueland built over here.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:26 AM

26 posts, read 23,032 times
So, which part of the MSA, now is a bit more suburban, exurban, a bit newer and a wee bit upscale without breaking the bank? (SF, cluster? paired?). WE have no interest in urban settings, urban creep, or those areas that are "gentrified", "historic", "artsy/diverse" or in vogue.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:37 AM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying914 View Post
So, which part of the MSA, now is a bit more suburban, exurban, a bit newer and a wee bit upscale without breaking the bank? (SF, cluster? paired?). WE have no interest in urban settings, urban creep, or those areas that are "gentrified", "historic", "artsy/diverse" or in vogue.
Gonna need a translation for this one.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:31 PM

261 posts, read 202,337 times
Quote:
Just avoid anything east of I-65. All of that tends to be before 1950 development. Only downtown is a true urban setting and midtown is a street car suburb setting. Cottage hill is a normal suburban neighborhood that’s from the 60s-80s so it’s generally affordable. Most of the neighborhoods along cottage hill road fit that pattern of typical suburban. Decently priced suburban housing can be found off of hillcrest road, knollwood drive, or south Cody/sollie road. Those are where there are established suburban neighborhoods that range from normal middle class to very expensive. Newer houses are being built en masse west of schillinger road. I don’t know this area as well as some others, but this is where the bulk of new housing is. Off of Dawes road, snow/McFarland, etc. There are new commercial areas that are popping up along schillinger road going south, but also to the west of it where they’re building a new Publix at McFarland and cottage hill road.

In a completely different area, rabbit creek tends to have a lot of new housing that’s upscale. I’m not sure about the prices of these homes but it’s south of I-10 in Tillman’s corner, which also has a lot of commercial development happening. The older neighborhoods in this area tend to be middling to bad though. Looking at the northern part of the city, just avoid most things off of moffett road. They’re suburban but older and not as nice as other places, but I’m sure it’ll be a lot cheaper. Spring Hill is nice, but it’s likely too expensive unless you look for the fringe areas that aren’t actually on the hill.

I don’t really know enough about other areas specifically to give advice. But as a general assessment, saraland, Daphne, or Spanish fort could also be places you’d want to look at. Avoid fairhope for being too artsy, and Prichard and Chickasaw for being older and run down. Semmes has good areas to it, but it also has bad ones and I couldn’t say specifically where to avoid or how much it’s changing for the better there.

Old 05-21-2022, 11:00 AM

that's for the thoughtful reply - lots of work to do !

What I have discovered is that generally where a Publix is being built, is a decent area.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:36 AM

would anyone conclude that the western shore is a bit better than the eastern shore??

Old 05-22-2022, 08:40 AM

by "better", I mean amenities, safety, transportation access, modern *stuff*

Old 05-22-2022, 07:42 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Quote:
by "better", I mean amenities, safety, transportation access, modern *stuff*
Imo the western shore wins in amenities, transportation access and etc. For some they would argue that the Easternshore is safer but the Westernshore has several areas just as safe as the Easternshore.

Old 05-24-2022, 10:50 AM

which is sorta less congested....esp for the future
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area