Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 08:32 AM

154 posts, read 150,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
Don’t know if you got the chance to see this but yeah it’s about 3500 voucher recipients so far but not everyone living or lived in the housing projects received the voucher. https://www.wkrg.com/mobile-county/p...ing-in-mobile/
I'm a big believer that we need to make this metro wide, would definitely disperse the poverty even more and allow more job opportunities, I hear Gulf shores is in dire need of lower wage jobs, that could easily be remedied, especially with that affordable housing project they are trying to get done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 02:24 PM

313 posts, read 249,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleFontaineMan View Post
I'm a big believer that we need to make this metro wide, would definitely disperse the poverty even more and allow more job opportunities, I hear Gulf shores is in dire need of lower wage jobs, that could easily be remedied, especially with that affordable housing project they are trying to get done
Facts. First step is actually making Baldwin part of mobiles metro on paper. I don’t know what the hold up is but it’s quite odd. I can see the dire need especially with alot of the lower wage jobs being seasonal. I think a lot of the longtime citizens there are against the inevitable boom of gulf shores but it’s too late; it started with construction of condo alley( probably the best skyline in Al ) but all in all I hope they get the project done bc those ppl deserve the choice to have somewhere nice to live that is structurally stronger than say a trailer.

Old 12-11-2021, 07:26 PM

313 posts, read 249,346 times
What restaurants in the mobile area has fire gumbo ? I know kravers does, any others y’all know of that just really stands out ?

Old 12-12-2021, 05:23 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
What restaurants in the mobile area has fire gumbo ? I know kravers does, any others y’all know of that just really stands out ?
Seafood house.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:07 PM

So I went through Clarke County a few days ago, ever since the new hospital was built in Thomasville last year, there been a lot of buzz happening, Just from Highway 43 three new restaurant have been built in Jackson and now there's a Truck Stop and Holiday Inn being built in Thomasville as well as a few other constructions. I imagine the expansion of 43 north of Thomasville has created a great deal of hype for the area, not to mention they repave 4-lane 43 all the way from Grove Hill to Thomasville

Old 12-25-2021, 09:51 PM

So I finally found the 2020 Census data by Census Blocks

https://data.census.gov/cedsci/advan...0data%20blocks
This is the actually information by Census Block. This is how to navigate to it
Geography>Block>Alabama>Mobile County>(Select Your Census Tract)> All Blocks within ____,Mobile County, Alabama> Search> (Choose Table) and it will give the information by Block

Now to actually know what block you are wanting to look for, I also found the map that corresponds to the Census Blocks
https://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/DC2...20BLK/st01_al/
Instructions:
county/> c01097_mobile/> DC20BLK_C0197.pdf
this will bring up the mobile county map by census block, you are gonna have to zoom in a lot in order to see the census blocks

Old 12-29-2021, 07:54 AM

Not related to Mobile, but Long Beach MS is currently trying to annex 20 square miles of land and looking at the comments, there is an absolute massive opposition to this, glad that Mobile doesn't seem to have that problem, it is an internal problem for Mobile
https://www.wlox.com/2021/12/28/coun..._yJ4UM0I0yXKvQ

Old 12-29-2021, 10:18 AM

490 posts, read 464,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleFontaineMan View Post
Not related to Mobile, but Long Beach MS is currently trying to annex 20 square miles of land and looking at the comments, there is an absolute massive opposition to this, glad that Mobile doesn't seem to have that problem, it is an internal problem for Mobile
https://www.wlox.com/2021/12/28/coun..._yJ4UM0I0yXKvQ
Yeah, sometimes it seems Mobile is trying to shrink and destroy itself.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:47 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Yeah, sometimes it seems Mobile is trying to shrink and destroy itself.
Reading the Al.com comme st ot really does smh.

Old 12-29-2021, 07:19 PM

12,981 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Reading the Al.com comme st ot really does smh.
Not real sure what that means but al.com takes over the largest state newspapers, then devolves into what we have today - something pretty much useless. I think you agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area