Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:49 PM

3,834 posts, read 3,356,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
I moved to rural SE Mo 20 months ago. We couldn't be happier. People have been very nice and welcoming. As far as Medical goes, I believe it saved my wife's life. The very first doctor visit here, they found she needed a pacemaker, something the big city doctors in California never found. In a smaller town a doctor has time to see thier patients, in a city they are so over worked, you get a couple minutes with them.
Do you also love the pro gun laws in MO? One of the most pro gun states in the union! Hardly any gun laws. Don't need a permit to carry a concealed firearm unlike California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 11:34 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,663,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Do you also love the pro gun laws in MO? One of the most pro gun states in the union! Hardly any gun laws. Don't need a permit to carry a concealed firearm unlike California.
LOL it took me a minute to figure out why the AR's in the stores looked so much better.
I was use to seeing 10 round magazines.....

Old 04-29-2017, 09:26 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,408,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
LOL it took me a minute to figure out why the AR's in the stores looked so much better.
I was use to seeing 10 round magazines.....

Oh it is way too nice to hold one. My wife hates it I get more excited than with her.

brushrunner

Old 04-29-2017, 09:37 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,408,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Maeve View Post
Do you relatives need frequent access to quality medical care? If so, then they need to live as close to Kansas City, St. Louis, or Columbia as they can stand to live. Columbia is in the middle of the state, 2 hours from St. Louis and 2 hours from Kansas City, and is a noted regional medical center, with the University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics (a good public teaching hospital) and Boone Hospital (a good private hospital), plus the State Cancer Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation Center, two very good orthopedic clinics, and more doctors than you can shake a stick at.

There are numerous small, rural towns within an easy drive of Columbia, such as Hallsville, Ashland, Boonville, Rocheport and Harrisburg, and many attractive rural properties for sale within an easy drive of Columbia. Since Columbia is the home of the University of Missouri-Columbia, Stephens College and Columbia College, there are many quality athletic events during the year, and plenty of opportunities to attend musical and theatrical events, if that is their cup of tea.

The cost of living in central Missouri is very reasonable. There are two reliable shuttle services providing transportation from Columbia to either the K.C. or St. Louis airports. Rocheport is 12 miles west of Columbia, right on the banks of the Missouri River, where there is access to the Katy Trail (scenic walking and biking trail along the River) and good fishing. Rocheport is a tiny but charming little town with many historic buildings, antique shops and homes. Boonville is 25 miles west of Columbia. Ashland is 15 miles south of Columbia. Hallsville is 10 miles north of Columbia. The state capital, Jefferson City, is 30 miles south of Columbia, where there is an Amtrak station. Moberly is 22 miles north of Columbia.

The closer you get to Columbia, the more services are available, such as cable companies, TV stations, restaurants and shopping. Interstate 70 runs right through Columbia, providing easy access to K.C. or St. Louis.

The geography in central Missouri is variable. North of Columbia the land becomes very flat, but south of Columbia the land is rolling hills. Some people like one, some like the other.

There are extremes of weather, but they are mild extremes, if one can say such a thing. It gets cold in the winter, but really cold spells don't last very long. For example, one week ago it was 2 degrees. Yesterday it was 50 degrees. We get the occasional heavy snow storm, but it melts in less than a week. It gets hot and humid in the summer, but at night it can often be pleasant enough to sleep with the windows open. Columbia has never been hit by a tornado (knock on wood).

Here are some links that might be of interest.
Relocating in Columbia Summer/Fall - Powered by PageTurnPro.com
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Columbia Missouri Chamber of Commerce

Have a place in Warsaw and have considered moving there but last time I went there was checking out the Gyms and wasn't real Happy. Our house is in Lebanon and Love it. Like someone said I have best of both worlds.

If I was buying Lebanon, Sedalia, Herman or Lexington. Why these Towns I have no idea just a few off the top of my head.

brushrunner

Last edited by Yac; 05-10-2017 at 06:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri