Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:55 AM

22 posts, read 133,599 times

Advertisements

We were looking into Marshall cause my husband can just transfer his job. We went down there yesterday and I wasn't impressed with Marshall at all. I'm not sure if I got to see the whole town but there was a very little area that was nice, the rest of it looked kinda trashy and run down. So we went down to Sedalia and I LOVED it. We didn't get to look around too much cause it got late since we spent most of our time in Marshall trying to find a nice clean part of town. We drove from west to east a couple times trying to figure out where we were going in Sedalia, but I did like what I saw. What parts of town should I NOT live in with having two little girls. Thank you for all your responses. I really appreciate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 04:57 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Hey does anyone know if Sedalia has any good car shows?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,968 times
Default Stay away from Furnell

I rented from Furnell for 2 years. I had wanted to end the lease after six months, but, unfortunately it was hard to find another affordable place that was any better. Furnell will rent to anyone.. that about says what you have for neighbors.
Furnell does not fix anything. You can request crucial things like the toilet be fixed after backing up and you will be told you have a second bathroom, we will get to it next month. Try that with 3 children. Sure. If the upstairs one is backed up we get to live with that near the living room and kitchen and laundry, if the downstairs was backed up the bedrooms stunk and it was a horrid smell while taking showers. The electricity is faulty, with outlets popping and going black when you plug in appliances to some of them. The neighbors are loud, and allow their trash to become scattered through the common yard. Stray animals abound, and the lawncare people never come on the same day, nor are you notified of their visit. If you are home, you will find yourself hurried to pick up your yard toys and picnic area if you don't want them thrown around. If you are not home, expect your things out there to be broken. They don't move things, they toss them unless they are small enough to run over with a mower.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:20 PM

25 posts, read 47,412 times
Any updates on Sedalia since this thread 15 yrs ago? Has it gotten better, worse? Growth? Future outlook? Thanks!

Old 07-29-2022, 11:06 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,011,731 times
hehe, ooooh that's fun. Cant believe I didn't comment 15 years ago, wasn't "from there" but at that time, i was still living close by. Went to college in Warrensburg, and had a friend who owned a maintenance shop in Sedalia. Used to go through there constantly.

It was one of the larger towns around Warrensburg, definitely still a small town vibe...obviously smaller than Columbia, but bigger than other small towns in the area. As such, had a bit of a regional draw. Imagine it's grown since then, as all the small towns seem to have experienced SOME growth and new amenities....imagine there's still some crime, still some awesome victorian homes to be had for a price well below bargain basement (not considering todays housing market) and still some places in town that you'd be smart not to venture into uninvited.

All in all, you can't get more "mid missouri" than Sedelia....expect some upscale parts of town, some trailer parts of town, some in between, lots of guns, lots of trump flags, and an occasional protester...it's america, no one is happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri