Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 14,785 times

Advertisements

My husband works in St. Charles, we're looking to get out of the city(St. Louis) to a nice, historic type small town less than an hour from his work. We've looked into Hermann and Washington and can barely find any rental properties. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 09:47 PM

17 posts, read 100,769 times
Wentzville might be a good option. It's out west on I-70, where 70 meets 40, so it offers fast access to St. Charles and the Chesterfield area. Also, the GM plant is in Wentzville so theres plenty of shopping and restaurants. Forstell and Wright City are about 10 minutes further west. They're also pretty decent communities.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:25 PM

63 posts, read 212,447 times
Troy, Missouri is growing by leaps and bounds. It's just north of Wentzville on Hwy 61. Since you checked in Hermann, which is quite a distance from St. Charles, you might give thought to Warrenton. Too bad I didn't see this before I rented my house.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:57 AM

4 posts, read 19,481 times
Default St. Charles option

You mentioned that your husband works in St. Charles and you like historic areas. Why not look in the 63301 are of St. Charles? I am a native of the area and it is a great place to live. You can walk to Historic Main and enjoy restaurants, shopping, festivals and the Katy Trail. There is a great house for sale (ALL brick) at 730 Jefferson that you might want to check out.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:40 AM

8 posts, read 57,876 times
You might want to check into Winfield, Old Monroe or Elsberry. All are up Hwy 79 from O'Fallon, MO, all are small and all have a historic component. It just depends on how small you want to go.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:48 PM

3 posts, read 18,092 times
I live in Troy and think it is a great place. Growing at a good clip, and still not far from the "city". Don't know if this matters, but the schools are top notch too...

If you want true small town-ness, then Old Monroe, Moscow Mills, Hawk Point are there also...

Old 02-16-2007, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 34,688 times
Lightbulb small town near st charles

If you are looking for a nice place to live consider going north on hwy 61 to Troy or even further. A well kept secret is the town of Bowling Green, Mo just off the hwy. Population around 3500. Housing is very affordable and there is an old fashioned town square. Only 60 miles to downtown st. charles and 44 to wentzville.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:19 AM

3 posts, read 9,636 times
I am new to this. Why I am looking for a small town near st louis you might laugh at me. I am looking to move with my family this coming year after my fiance and I get marry in march to a small town a place were everyone know each other names and friendly,cozy, celebrate christmas by lighting up the whole entire town. I know it sounds funny but this is a description of what i'm looking for and have good schools do to i have a teenage girl and a eight year old son. I love to be able to see snow around christmas but I can't be to far do to I work in olivette and all of my doctors are at christian bjc doctor office buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri