Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM

871 posts, read 1,986,699 times

Advertisements

O.k here in Cali we have to renew our bikes, our trailors and auto registration every year. Is it the same in Mo? I tried looking at the Mo DMV page but I must have been in the wrong area and this is so much easier.
Thanks my friends!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 05:12 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,106,493 times
I just registered my car and they gave me the option of registering for 1 year or 2 years...I chose 2 years.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Thanks Christina, I just wondered because in Arizona i hear its way different.
Even with thier dirver liscense renewels. THey dont have to renew thier liscenses for like 10 years or so.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,066,774 times
Wink Give this a try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
O.k here in Cali we have to renew our bikes, our trailors and auto registration every year. Is it the same in Mo? I tried looking at the Mo DMV page but I must have been in the wrong area and this is so much easier.
Thanks my friends!!
This page?
Motor Vehicle Licensing (Titling & Registration)
which then gives this page?
Motor Vehicle Titling

Please pay particular attention to the following:
Motor Vehicle Help File [safety - entire state]
and
Motor Vehicle Help File [emissions - certain areas w/in the state]

Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 AM

Your the bomb! shadow. I tried to give reps but you know the deal!!!
I owe you one.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM

879 posts, read 2,881,069 times
Default Car registration

We've haven't registered our cars here yet, but the lady at the DMV indicated we could do a 2 year cycle if we chose. But don't forget those personal property taxes due every year based on what you own on January 1st. (From her lips..not mine).

Old 09-04-2007, 06:38 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,638,818 times
OK here is what happened when we registered our vehicles.

We told them we moved here AFTER the first of the year therefore we did not have to pay taxes on them until next year. (our house closed on Jan 10th so we weren't fibbin' ) Had we told them we moved here on Dec 31st we would have had to pay taxes for ALL of '06 There is no pro rated system here in MO.

If you have the title aka pink slip ( you own you vehicle out right) you can register it for two years. If you do NOT have your title/pink slip ( you have a lien against it ) you can only register it for one year and you must contact your lienholder and ask them to sent the title to the state of MO so they can issue a new one to you. If you DO NOT do this or your leinholder does not follow through on your request you cannot register your vehicle the next year. I have all of this paperwork sitting on my desk waiting for my azz to get down to the local license bureau right now for one of my trucks.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Thanks Da jammer! Thats good to know. I would'nt have even thought about that part of it. My head is spinning trying to plan ahead for all I need to do. Drivers liscenses, Insurance policies, School, health insurance, JOBS, aaaaahhhhh!

Calgon take me away!!! This is our first move out of state and Im so scared.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,066,774 times
hey ya bent... not an expert, but just a goofy fool that has moved from MO->MO->MO->IN->AL [while working in GA]->IN, and can tell ya that while ya may gain some experience and knowledge w/ each move,, they really don't get any better... Seriously, ok, they might, somewhat, but each time there are all the hassles, such as you listed - and then finding out the actual, real, honest facts of what is really needed, sheeesh! at times there are so many contradictory directions that different people that should know better tell ya! Best advice can share w/ ya is this:
1. keep a journal of all that you do, jotting down when, dates, who, what, where, contact info, etc....
2. keep a list of all "to-do's", including [again] the contact info...
3. breathe, relax, soak in that warm tub, get a massage, smile at the goofy things in life; step back at times to look at the big picture, refocus and then retackle...
4. don't look at it with dread, but be excited about a new chapter in your life...
5. don't be afraid/bashful to ask for advice, to share experiences, to learn...
and
6. again, keep a sense of humour, as ya realize that in a few years, you'll look back at this time, and wonder "why in hades did I fret so bad", and then as you mention to your spouse, "hey hun lets move again", and then he/she will commit you to the loony bin, after bonkering your noggin w/ a nearby hard object...

Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM

With a big sigh of relief I say thanks to ya shadow! Its all o.k for me when I know its o.k to make a mistake or forget something. Its when I have someone ready to stomp on me that I tense up! The Journal is a realy good idea. I will start that when I come out in October to check things out.
First thing I need to do when we get our house is get the com****r up and running. You have all made me feel like your my support team. I can talk to ya's about any old stupid thing and walk away and feel good the rest of the day! Except I have noticed a little less housework is getting done. Gotta go!!!

Last edited by bentaxlecrew; 09-05-2007 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: fixed a word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: