Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2006, 07:56 PM

17 posts, read 92,736 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My daughter has received a job offer in JC and we are from Allentown, PA(third largest city in PA). We have never been off the East Coast except for vacations here and there. Since she knows no one and nothing about MO, I was hoping for some good sound advice and moral support for a parent who hates to see her daughter move so far away at only 22 years old. I am mostly interested in her safety.
Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,456 times
Hello!

Congrats on your daughter's new job in Jefferson City. I think she will enjoy living there. I live 45 minutes South of JC in Lake Ozark. Moved from St. Louis area 13 yrs. ago & have never regretted it. JC is a nice city...not huge, but not exactly a small town either. They have good hospitals there & are located close (30 minutes) from the City of Columbia, home of University of Missouri campus. In addition to its world renowed School of Journalism, MU has law, medicine & veterinary medicine on one campus.
As far as her safety goes, I'm sure she'll be just fine. Not much crime in JC area, nor in any of the surrounding areas. I think she'll find the people around here are friendly & there will be lots of things she can get involved in: community theater, arts, museums, sports, etc. We wish her luck & welcome her to Missouri!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:08 PM

Default 4eyes

Thank you so much for the information...you have made me feel 100% better about this situation.I know she will do well and will adapt...but it's a parent thing knowing I can't just drive an hour away to see her! At least it will give us a reason to visit MO!!
Thanks again!

Old 08-16-2006, 07:02 AM

22 posts, read 113,712 times
Default Jefferson City transient

I'm a Missouri native and new to Jefferson City for about the last 5 years now. I like being close to the Ozarks, and near to major cities like St. Louis and Kansas City. Jeff City has lots to offer. My three kids attend the public schools and I am confiedent they are safe there. To me, the schools are an indication of the relative safety-ness of the area. I wouldnt send my kids there if I thought it was too rough for them.

what kind of job did your daughter take? What field is she in?
Jeff

Old 08-18-2006, 05:41 PM

Default thanks Jeff

She'd rather I not say...doesn't want to jinx herself...she's excited though as we have inevitable found many people who have lived in Missouri at some point in their lives...they all seem to like it...just wondering why they don't stay?? People say there's not much to do around Jeff city...sounds like Branson is the place to be...what's there?? How's the cost of auto insurance??
Any place you would suggest that she NOT live in the area??(east side, south side etc) In PA most cities find the south side to be a problem!!
Thanks again for the info...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri