Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:32 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,784,501 times

Advertisements

He apparently just came running out of the woods, and jumped his victim, right out there in broad daylight - in front of her two children - RIGHT THERE IN THE FRONT YARD, on a quiet street in Senatobia, Mississippi. He was gonna just rape her right there - at the edge of the flower bed where she was planting Lantana - with her children witnessing the whole ordeal.

The Intended Victim managed to fight him off before he was able to do much. Apparently, however, the Perp is invisible. Descriptions include his clothing, his vehicle, and part of his license tag. But there are no available descriptions of the entity wearing the clothing: nothing about race - nothing about age. And this rather sensational story has not gotten any media followup that I can find.

http://www.wlox.com/story/25312623/v...t-about-attack

That's the nice thing to assume: that the would-be Rapist is invisible. It's nicer than assuming what probably is the ugly truth. One would hope that the Mainstream Media are not following their little handbook so closely, now, that they are suppressing a story (and rather vital details) because the Victim is the wrong color (white), and because the Perp is the right color (not white). You can bet that if he were white, or if his victim were not white, there would have been a description - maybe even an artist's sketch.

If this mystery gets solved, or if there are any developments (like maybe the Perp's invisibility starts wearing off), posting some updates here would be great...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 12:28 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,587,148 times
I live in Senatobia, and my wife and I also thought it was odd they didn't provide any type of description of the suspect. Normally this type of story would include the color of the suspect, along with identifying features, height, etc.

I have seen stories of this nature describing white suspects, so I don't think racism is usually in play, however, in this case it really makes you wonder...

Old 04-26-2014, 10:12 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,152,065 times
He's a white guy.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:34 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,784,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
Thanks for that update! Good to know my suspicions about deliberate omissions by the Media were unfounded (Well maybe... I'd like to see the Perp, once they catch him.).

And following your link lead me to this amazing front yard altercation in nearby Memphis: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater Part of such a sad story. The young woman in pink was murdered, along with her husband of only two months, possibly as retaliation for winning that fight. After having four children together, the couple had realized they loved each other, and had gotten married. Then, only two months into the marriage, their future together suddenly ends.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,984,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
LMAO @ this thread.

And even if he was black it's not like disclosing his race is gonna help catching him sooner. Unless of course there is only 1 black person in Mississippi, but from what I heard the number is higher than 1.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,445,443 times
Dumb thread. Started on a fallacy that the media would hide the race of a black rapist out of some sense of political correctness. But then the rapist turned out to be white.

What's funny is that black people know that when the news does not show or discuss the race of an accused criminal, more often than not they are white.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:06 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,587,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Dumb thread. Started on a fallacy that the media would hide the race of a black rapist out of some sense of political correctness. But then the rapist turned out to be white.

What's funny is that black people know that when the news does not show or discuss the race of an accused criminal, more often than not they are white.
I never thought that... my thought was that the would be rapist must have been white.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:20 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,178,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
He apparently just came running out of the woods, and jumped his victim, right out there in broad daylight - in front of her two children - RIGHT THERE IN THE FRONT YARD, on a quiet street in Senatobia, Mississippi. He was gonna just rape her right there - at the edge of the flower bed where she was planting Lantana - with her children witnessing the whole ordeal.

The Intended Victim managed to fight him off before he was able to do much. Apparently, however, the Perp is invisible. Descriptions include his clothing, his vehicle, and part of his license tag. But there are no available descriptions of the entity wearing the clothing: nothing about race - nothing about age. And this rather sensational story has not gotten any media followup that I can find.

Victim of attempted front yard rape speaks out about attack - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

That's the nice thing to assume: that the would-be Rapist is invisible. It's nicer than assuming what probably is the ugly truth. One would hope that the Mainstream Media are not following their little handbook so closely, now, that they are suppressing a story (and rather vital details) because the Victim is the wrong color (white), and because the Perp is the right color (not white). You can bet that if he were white, or if his victim were not white, there would have been a description - maybe even an artist's sketch.

If this mystery gets solved, or if there are any developments (like maybe the Perp's invisibility starts wearing off), posting some updates here would be great...
Feel better now that your racist tirade was not actually necessary?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM

10,052 posts, read 18,104,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Feel better now that your racist tirade was not actually necessary?
Yep. OP, your racist assumptions were apparently wrong, yet what do you do? Make some remark that makes it sound like you're not convinced, AND post a link to a completely different story that has nothing to do with the original ... just so we can read the racist comments?

Seriously, what was the point of this thread?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:58 PM

25,607 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
............Seriously, what was the point of this thread?
She was trolling for indignant Yankees.

Found one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: