Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,490 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning on moving from the Hudson Valley in New York to Rochester, MN in June. We've been looking for an inexpensive (under $700/month) 1 BR in Rochester. I was there last week and looked at some on 41st street and also Civic Square Apartments. I liked Civic Square Apartments the best because it's close to the trail system. I haven't been able to find any good information on the web about it. Does anyone have any opinions about Civic Square Apartments or any strong positive opinions about other apartments in Rochester?

Last edited by CrystalS; 02-25-2009 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Added more specifics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,353,105 times
I would say stay away from the ones on 41st St. NW if you can. That area has currently been the area where there is a rise in crime - generally just gang against gang I believe but I doubt you'd want to be in the crossfire. I don't have personal experience with the Civic Square Apartments but an acquaintance lives there and as far as I know she likes it. She's been there at least a couple of years I believe. Are you looking for long-term? Short-term? If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer in any way I can.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 AM

4 posts, read 8,929 times
Could you suggest any other nice, safe and economic places? Another question is whether the income limit must be met?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,353,105 times
Some places have income restrictions but I think most do not. Another place maybe worth checking would be Village on Third. It's pretty close to downtown. I'm not sure what you consider economic, but Heritage Manor along Hwy 52 isn't too bad. Not sure what the rent is now but years ago I thought it was a great deal. There are lots of townhouses, 4-plexes, 8-plexes, etc. around too but some are privately owned, some are owned by RGI or Paramark, and some I have no idea. I'd recommend checking out rent.com to see some of what is available - they do put on there whether or not income restrictions apply. Also I think it'd be a good idea to come for a couple days if possible to check out some of the places and also to check out the town. You may come across a rental I don't know anything about that might be perfect for you.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 8,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
Some places have income restrictions but I think most do not. Another place maybe worth checking would be Village on Third. It's pretty close to downtown. I'm not sure what you consider economic, but Heritage Manor along Hwy 52 isn't too bad. Not sure what the rent is now but years ago I thought it was a great deal. There are lots of townhouses, 4-plexes, 8-plexes, etc. around too but some are privately owned, some are owned by RGI or Paramark, and some I have no idea. I'd recommend checking out rent.com to see some of what is available - they do put on there whether or not income restrictions apply. Also I think it'd be a good idea to come for a couple days if possible to check out some of the places and also to check out the town. You may come across a rental I don't know anything about that might be perfect for you.

Thank you very much for all the valuable information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota