Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 11:26 PM

7 posts, read 25,200 times

Advertisements

I'm from Alaska, where it is legal to hunt and eat lynx. I'm planning on visiting some friends in Minnesota in the summer, and they've expressed interest in trying some. I know it's illegal to trap or hunt lynx in MN, but does anyone know if it's legal to bring in game from somewhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 AM

989 posts, read 2,960,967 times
I would check the Minnesota DNR website with focus on transportation of game from other states. There are very few lynx in MN limited to areas in very north part of the state near the Canadian Border. My guess is this could potentially cause a big controversy if you happened to talk about it in the wrong place.

Get the facts, and don't chat this up and you should be fine. I lived in SD for a few years and still go back to hunt pheasant. I always get a little nervous with transporting the birds because the limits and seasons are not the same.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 PM

4 posts, read 19,877 times
Default hmmm.....

This is a great question, I am uncertain if lynx carcass' are illegal. I know moose, elk and deer are illegal to transport state lines. Lynx are protected and can't be hunted or trapped but to bring one; I'd have no clue. Contact Minnesota DNR to varify or check their website out.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:32 PM

34 posts, read 112,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAhead View Post
I'm from Alaska, where it is legal to hunt and eat lynx. I'm planning on visiting some friends in Minnesota in the summer, and they've expressed interest in trying some. I know it's illegal to trap or hunt lynx in MN, but does anyone know if it's legal to bring in game from somewhere else?
Get some new friends

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM

970 posts, read 2,950,019 times
People...you all realize the OP is talking about eating CAT! Yuk!

Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,233,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
Why the "yuck" without trying it? Is it really that different than eating Cow, Chicken, Pig, Fish, Goat, Lamb, Deer, Bear, Moose or any other animal?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:32 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,366,293 times
Add alligator and rabbit to the list. They both taste like chicken.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 AM

7 posts, read 25,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
And your point is? Why is it different than eating any other wild game? I'm guessing you've never tried it, so how can you judge something you've never even tasted?

Old 02-14-2009, 01:34 AM

89 posts, read 260,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
Why the "yuck" without trying it? Is it really that different than eating Cow Goat, Lamb, Deer, Moose
All of these are Herbivores
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
Chicken, Pig, Fish,, Bear, Moose or any other animal?
All of these are Omnivores (meeting they eat both meat and plant products) and they eat much more plants than meat.

This animal is mainly a Carnivore - stay away from my pets. J/K lol

Wow y'all are nuts - I talk about drinking goat milk and Minnesotans curl their upper lip and say yuck. Yet we're not supposed to judge someone wanting to a cat! So fake - lol.

To the OP I am judging you for wanting to eat a cat LOL sorry

But to be serious I don't think it illegal to eat but bringing it (dead) into the state might raise some eyebrows. Best of luck and enjoy your culinary exploration!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota