Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 09:26 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times

Advertisements

This is crazy. So in that spirit, I will remind you fine folks of the snowy (in April) North...

Quote:
Last year was the deadliest on record for heat-associated deaths in Maricopa County, according to the Department of Public Health: 150 people are confirmed dead from the heat, with five more cases pending. That’s 65 more people dead from heat than in 2015 and 89 more than in 2014. The second-deadliest year on record was 2012, with 110 heat-associated deaths.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...nix/646194001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 03:57 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,159 times

Old 04-11-2018, 04:15 PM

Is it true it's the coldest April on record?

Old 04-13-2018, 11:15 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I grew up and lived in MN for 43 years, and since moving away to the SW I have ritually watched the weather reports up in Minneapolis every day since I left, just a habit. What's happening this year up there has me feeling very guilty as I have many relatives living up there, most in the Rochester area. And I'm not one of these ex-pats, like so many others, who like to brag about where they're living or snowbirding. I wouldn't be that insensitive and cruel.

What really drove me out of there was the cloud cover, not the snow and cold, as it can get quite chilly right here in Las Vegas during the winter, like at night, with cursable winds blowing thru the valley at 40-50-60MPH, bring in all that fine silica into your lungs, which also creates some very uncomfortable windchill.

Below zero, and the sun is shining brightly all day long, no complaints! But cloud cover day after day after day?

Old 04-13-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I grew up and lived in MN for 43 years, and since moving away to the SW I have ritually watched the weather reports up in Minneapolis every day since I left, just a habit. What's happening this year up there has me feeling very guilty as I have many relatives living up there, most in the Rochester area. And I'm not one of these ex-pats, like so many others, who like to brag about where they're living or snowbirding. I wouldn't be that insensitive and cruel.

What really drove me out of there was the cloud cover, not the snow and cold, as it can get quite chilly right here in Las Vegas during the winter, like at night, with cursable winds blowing thru the valley at 40-50-60MPH, bring in all that fine silica into your lungs, which also creates some very uncomfortable windchill.

Below zero, and the sun is shining brightly all day long, no complaints! But cloud cover day after day after day?
It was actually quite sunny here over the Winter. I don't know if there are stats out there (obviously there probably are) but it seemed somewhat sunny over the Winter. They should stop messing with the daylight saving time change thing though - that has always p-ssed me off.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:55 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

My family also lived in Rochester until they died. I moved there my senior year (how's that for sucky). I find it far more sunny/partly cloudy than over cast in Mpls.

I just returned from the grocery store and it was packed - in prep for our next storm??????????????? I know our weather will be nasty but hardly the storm of the century.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:30 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Sorry I haven't been posting here. After the 4 NorEasters and Winter into April I was getting fatigued. lol But its 70s today and I'm back!

You guys ready???? There's a Blizzard in Nebraska today and that storm is coming to Minnesota. Heads up

https://twitter.com/pdouglasweather/...59374488350720

Old 04-13-2018, 01:05 PM

606 posts, read 2,004,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
My family also lived in Rochester until they died. I moved there my senior year (how's that for sucky). I find it far more sunny/partly cloudy than over cast in Mpls.

I just returned from the grocery store and it was packed - in prep for our next storm??????????????? I know our weather will be nasty but hardly the storm of the century.
Actually, this has the potential to be an historic snowstorm. Dating to 1938, Mpls./St. Paul International Airport has only recorded one two-day April 10-inch-plus snowstorm, a 13.6 inch event on April 14, 1983. In earlier records dating to 1875, there were two other 10-inch-plus April snowstorms in 1907 and 1893, according to the National Weather Service. This could end up being the snowiest April on record in the Twin Cities.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:52 PM

It's going to hit literally at the PERFECT time. Friday night start, on all day Saturday into Sun.

Better than, say, Monday.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:57 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
I looked at the traffic cams in the metro area and people are out, not many though. I wonder how it is on the roads. I haven’t left home since yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota