Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 74,493 times

Advertisements

I feel like a driving failure to tell you the truth xD It's mostly nerves, I end up doing really dumb stuff like driving over the curb when I'm on a course, or being in the wrong lane, things that I don't normally do when I'm driving without an examiner.

I just took the road test at Arden Hills and I failed. Honestly, I was so nervous it was all a blur so I don't even remember what I did wrong exactly. On my slip, it says I did something wrong going from a 2 way to a 1 way. Could someone give me more input on this?

So I was wondering if someone could just give me a detailed walk-through of their road test at Arden Hills so I can be more aware of the lanes and where to do etc. for next time? Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 02:07 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
If it is anything like the course in Eagan I know there is a spot there where you turn left from a 2 way on to a one way and a lot of people fail at that spot because the instructions you get are to turn right here and left at the next corner. What you are supposed to do is turn right into the far right lane, then move lane to lane to make the left turn at the next corner (across 3 lanes). Many people turn from the second to the right lane not realizing they are on a one way.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 PM

136 posts, read 383,725 times
When you approach a one way street, you'll see sign that has an arrow pictured on it that says "one way" within it. Turn in the direction that the arrow is pointing towards so that you don't endanger the lives of others.

Example: I saw a "one way" arrow pointing to the left. I wanted to turn onto that street, so I indicated a left-hand turn with my turn signal and proceeded to turn to the left. I made sure that I turned to the left-most lane so that I didn't cut off the other car turning left to my outside (to my right, assuming the turn is done in a double left-turn lane).

I took my road test at Arden Hills as well. Whenever you make a turn onto another road, make sure you keep in your lane as I stated in the example above. Don't make a right-handed turn into a 3-lane road from a 2-lane road and end up in the center lane.

I would also suggest that you practice driving every day with a parent. I did that and I passed my road test on the first try.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 74,493 times
Thank you for the tips!

Old 05-06-2010, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 40,481 times
I am taking my test in Arden Hills tomorrow. It will be my 2nd try ! I failed the 1st time because of the whole turning into a one way, too. I just got so nervous that I didn't see the "One Way" sign. And I also messed up on the parallel parking haha.. But I am determined to pass this time. I had a really nice instructor though. Hope I get her again.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,870,451 times
May I offer something that could be viewed as counterproductive or "wrong"? Take a shot of tequilla, smoke a cigarette or pop a Xanax....anything that will calm you down enough to stop worrying so much will probably be your easiest way of improving your score. Nervous drivers ARE the most dangerous drivers out there (except drunk cigarette-smoking pill poppers)!

Old 06-24-2010, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 36,688 times
Default eagan drivers test

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
If it is anything like the course in Eagan I know there is a spot there where you turn left from a 2 way on to a one way and a lot of people fail at that spot because the instructions you get are to turn right here and left at the next corner. What you are supposed to do is turn right into the far right lane, then move lane to lane to make the left turn at the next corner (across 3 lanes). Many people turn from the second to the right lane not realizing they are on a one way.
ok so i failed my first time...could you answer a few ?'s for me?

Old 07-22-2010, 02:10 PM

143 posts, read 477,637 times
I grew up in the area, and took my first two road tests at Arden Hills. That location has a bad rap, and I don't recommend going to get your license there. The "course" they present is utterly unlike any driving you will EVER have to do in the real world. It's like Lillputian Land with Nazis administering the test.

Arden Hills station has a bad rap in this area. Lots of people end up going elsewhere and passing, or just find the thought of the Arden Hills course too daunting. Go elsewhere. It's not worth wasting your money there.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 12,446 times
I just took my test at Arden Hills! I really messed up the parallel parking but still passed. Just be an observant driver, know all the rules of the road, parking rules, etc. Don't go too fast so you can look at all the signs and plan what to (correctly) do next.

ALSO: This is a youtube video that walks you through the actual Arden Hills road test. I watched it the night before my test and it helped SO much.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpr1z1VFxGE[/url]

Good luck to anyone who reads this!

Old 06-12-2016, 11:33 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
From what I remember the streets are not always marked as to if they are a one way. What they want you to do is look at the stripes in the road. If it has a yellow stripe in the middle of course it's a two way. No yellow stripe in the middle it's a one way. That messes up most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul