Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:46 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,672,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I do agree that Coon Rapids is a nice place. Maybe the OP doesn't want to live too close to work? Not sure. Maybe you, asitshouldbe, could clear something up for me. I've heard that the CR schools are not that great and have problems with violence. From what I've heard, it is moreso than other northern 'burbs. Can you speak to that and tell me what you know? Thanks!
I have kids in elementary, the middle and the high school. We have not had any concern with violence. I know that Anoka had some racially motivated problems a few years ago. There has been a some racial tensions in this area lately. A few black teens were arrested for beating people up as they walked down the street. I think that really got to alot of people who have lived here for a long time without these crimes. Other then that, there isn't any violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 12:34 AM

9 posts, read 24,342 times
Default Thanks for the reply

Thank you all for the kind reply. I am now looking more towards Maple Grove and Blaine as I see there are lot of new developments going on there. I did a some searches myself and most of the new communities are in Blaine and Maple Grove.

I am not looking towards Coon Rapids as its not as close to the City as Maple Grove or Blaine. No doubt that Blaine and Coon Rapids are more or less the same area, I feel Blaine has newer more vibrant communities than Coon Rapids.

Am I getting there?

Thanks again

Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,355,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleong01 View Post
Thank you all for the kind reply. I am now looking more towards Maple Grove and Blaine as I see there are lot of new developments going on there. I did a some searches myself and most of the new communities are in Blaine and Maple Grove.

I am not looking towards Coon Rapids as its not as close to the City as Maple Grove or Blaine. No doubt that Blaine and Coon Rapids are more or less the same area, I feel Blaine has newer more vibrant communities than Coon Rapids.

Am I getting there?

Thanks again
Maple Grove would be more desirable then Blaine. The schools are better and aren't having as many financial difficulties. Maple Grove over all is a newer community too.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:57 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Maple Grove would be more desirable then Blaine. The schools are better and aren't having as many financial difficulties. Maple Grove over all is a newer community too.
There are some parts of Blaine that I like. Ham Lake is also an up-and-comer. Both communities have above average incomes. With Ham Lake being the wealthier community. But Maple Grove is a very nice city.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 PM

Ham Lake is about the same as Blaine as far as wealth goes, but Blaine is the leader. Ham Lake has its old neighborhoods and new developments, the same goes for Blaine. Blaine has more (executive) style homes on the new golf courses and has alot more retail with most of it being built within the last 5 years.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:46 PM

Thanks again, If I am interested in new homes, where should I be? Blaine or Maple Grove - From my search I did find that there are more new homes in Maple Grove than in Blaine. What do you think?

How about waterfront living in Maple Grove?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:03 PM

Maple Grove has a bigger retail and dining area. Maple Grove and Blaine are doing about the same for building new homes. Maple Grove is on a major freeway but so is Blaine. Well, if I had to choose, being new to the area without any friends or relatives living in the area, or a job close by making me lean one way or another. I would choose Maple Grove, but if you are looking to save gas money, Blaine is closer to your work and is still a nice area. You can also find lakefront homes in the Blaine area. Maple Grove isn't really far from Coon Rapids, but its far enough and 169 and 252 can get REALLY backed up.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:27 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Ham Lake is about the same as Blaine as far as wealth goes, but Blaine is the leader. Ham Lake has its old neighborhoods and new developments, the same goes for Blaine. Blaine has more (executive) style homes on the new golf courses and has alot more retail with most of it being built within the last 5 years.
Actually Ham Lake has a higher median household income than Blaine. But it's also allot smaller.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Thanks Asitshouldbe, A friend just told me the importance of living close to work in Minnesota. When is snows it will take longer to get to work. Will look for homes within 10 miles from Coon Rapids. Most likely Blaine.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:58 PM

I am currently living in Chicago lakeview area, it is nice to live where the traffic is not bad. It takes me 1 hour to travel 30 miles on the highway on Saturdays!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul