Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 19,421 times

Advertisements

We're relocating to Lakeville, MN sometime in late June. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the area. What areas are best to live in? We're looking to rent an apt or townhome (3 bedrooms)...if anyone has any information about neighborhoods or suitable places..Please respond!

Thanks,
-AB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allieb5 View Post
We're relocating to Lakeville, MN sometime in late June. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the area. What areas are best to live in? We're looking to rent an apt or townhome (3 bedrooms)...if anyone has any information about neighborhoods or suitable places..Please respond!

Thanks,
-AB

There are no bad areas in Lakeville. Any place you can find to rent will be fine. I know that the Southfork rental townhomes are very convenient and are nice enough. Finding a 3 bedroom rental is somewhat difficult though. Why Lakeville ?

Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 PM

My husband's job transferring him there in Lakeville . Right now we're in Central Texas. We both are trying to use the internet to research places..I did see the Southfork, and plan to call them to inquire about avail..Thanks..AB

Old 04-26-2008, 04:27 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Lakeville doesn't have a lot of apartment complexes/rentals. Farmington is right next door and has more rentals available--unless you have kids then the Lakeville schools are better then Farmington.

Apple Valley and Rosemount are also easy drives to Lakeville and will have some rentals available--excellent schools if that is a concern.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:42 AM

54 posts, read 179,627 times
If you've got school-aged kids, see if you can find a rental in the northern part of Lakeville, in the ISD 196 school district -- those are the best schools around. Lakeville has very good schools, too, but not quite as good as 196.

As golfgal mentioned, Farmington is right next door and has more rentals, but the town is not as nice and Lakeville schools are better. And Apple Valley and Rosemount are two other towns to consider, as well, both of which are very safe, very nice, and are in 196.

Good luck!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM

769 posts, read 2,231,850 times
But the question is this: do you want to live in tedious, quiet, yet safe suburb in Dakota County? If so, Lakeville or Farmington are for you.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:47 PM

3 posts, read 11,716 times
Lakeville is the best suburb to move too. it was ranked #3 best place to live in the country and has nice rental places, actually quite a few. lakeville is growing fast and has plenty of stores/shops to fill your needs. it's the nicest out of the few mentioned. trust me, theres the people that live in lakeville and then theres the ones who wished they did. move to lakeville you won't regret it

Old 05-10-2008, 06:40 AM

Thanks everyone! We've found a great rental in Lakeville. Then the Chamber of Commerce sent me TONS of information and we're so excited to be moving there!

Old 05-11-2008, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 10,614 times
I currently live in Apple valley, and LOVE it here. However, I did live in Lakeville for a few years and liked it there as well. You can't go wrong living in Lakeville, or AV for that matter.
Lakeville is a bit more spread out though, but again, everything would be within a 5-10 minute drive. AV has sort of a "main hub" where you can find almost everything, although they have been expanding out recently with new developments and shopping etc. So I personally prefer AV as far as the city layout and convenience of how close all of the shops are, but I'm biased as I grew up here as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul