Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 13,670 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any good wedding locations near the St. Paul area? I'm looking for a non-church location, like a park or something like that, but it doesn't have to outdoors. I'm also trying to find something that would cost about the same as a church, though I don't know if that's possible either. Any advice on reception locations within reasonable price would be very helpful as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 04:52 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
There are many parks around the metro that would be free so those are always options. The Historic Courthouse in Stillwater hosts weddings. You can do your wedding and reception right there so that is nice.

Some friends got married in the park along the St. Croix in Hudson, WI then their reception was on a boat right after that. You can do the same thing in Stillwater, wedding at Pioneer Park with a reception on the Andiamo (paddle boat).

There are a couple mansions on Summit Ave that host receptions so you could get married in one of the parks near there and have the reception there?

How large of a wedding are you planning?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 AM

638 posts, read 3,122,950 times
Como Park and Conservatory always seem to have a lot of wedding parties there in the summer; but I don't know if that is just for pictures or if they host weddings there too.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:48 PM

481 posts, read 1,816,876 times
I've always thought that Coffey Hall at the U of M St Paul Campus student union would have been a wonderful place to hold a reception. I don't know if they do or don't, but when I attended some years back I always had warm feelings towards the place. Being an agricultural campus they may also have some "special spots" for a ceremony.

Oh cool! I just googled "St Paul Campus" wedding, and they do!
Weddings : Events & Conferences : SUA (http://www.sua.umn.edu/reservations/wedding/?PHPSESSID=d - broken link)

Treat this as totally spec, there are more knowledgeable people out there.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 PM

14 posts, read 47,985 times
Como Park does host weddings - my friend had hers there and it was georgous, right on the Mississippi, with beautiful picture possibilities. I have no idea to the cost though. Good luck with your plans. I'm planning mine too - it's a lot of work!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 PM

638 posts, read 3,122,950 times
Como Park isn't on the Mississippi River; are you thinking of somewhere else or are you thinking of the Como Lake pavilion?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 12,388 times
Default I know it's not Saint Paul, but...

Nicollet Island is a great place for a wedding. The sound of the Mississippi can be a little bit loud for an outdoor ceremony, however.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:44 AM

2 posts, read 13,670 times
Thanks for the responses everyone! For the person that asked, I'm thinking we'll have around 100 people, including the wedding party. We looked into Como Park, but it seemed a bit pricey, although we weren't sure what the price included. We're still in the very, very beginning parts of the planning, so we're still comparing places and prices.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychal View Post
Nicollet Island is a great place for a wedding. The sound of the Mississippi can be a little bit loud for an outdoor ceremony, however.

This is a very nice place too. The Boat Club rents out it's space for receptions. You have indoor and outdoor seating. We have attended a couple receptions there and it is lovely.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
This is a very nice place too. The Boat Club rents out it's space for receptions. You have indoor and outdoor seating. We have attended a couple receptions there and it is lovely.
On second thought I think I am confusing this with Harriett Island. We were at one wedding on Nicollet Island as well but I like the site at Harriett Island better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul